Gold River
✟15,172.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Homie: Have you ever heard of Point Loma Nazarene University? It's right near San Diego, and surrounded by the most beautiful scenery ever. Check it out, and tell me what you think, OK? I'm considering that college myself, and I welcome any opinion you have! They have financial aid available, I heard. God bless you, Homie, and I hope you find a good university here soon! -Larisa

Upvote 0
All christian colleges are going to be private, and typically, private universities DO cost a bit more than state universities.

So it's important not to be turned off by the price at the beginning...apply to the schools and look into financial aid options. There are scholarships available and I'm sure there are probably some available just for international students. Pray hard and see what the lord provides!

Additionally, I know of a few in Washington state...

Whitworth is a good one, my friend goes there and he seems to absolutely love it...
Seattle Pacific University -- a number of my friends go there...again, good things heard..
Pacific Lutheran University -- don't know much about it past its name

George Fox -- this one is actually in Oregon...one of my high school teachers went there, only now did I find out that this is a christian college...looks neat.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

RefinedByFire

Jul 21, 2004
Orange County, CA
✟15,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I graduated from Biola. When I was there, the projected annual cost of tuition, books, supplies, room and board was *gulp* $35,000 ! But I saved money by commuting from home. That was 10 years ago. I have no idea how much it costs now.

I don't want to know.

There is one *cheap* college called ABC (Alaska Bible College) in Glennallen, Alaska. It's going to be cold though. But you might be used to that.

Click here: http://www.akbible.edu

Good luck!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, could my American brethren please suggest affordable Christian colleges? I am from Norway, but would like to attend a Christian college in the USA.

I've been looking around and have come to the conclusion that 'affordable Chrisitan college' is an oxymoron. :D

Upvote 0

DonnaQ

Feb 5, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
check out college of the ozarks
it's near Branson Missouri and most students work 15 hours a week on campus and 2 forty hours weeks a year, I think ,and they get free tuition. You can even work over the summer and get free room and board. I think it's a nondenominational christian college.
It's nicknamed Hard Work U because if you're willing to work you can go for free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

Gabby2

Not all Christian colleges are expensive. Some are heavily funded through the church/es that sponsor them.

Seems like it really depends on what you want to get out of the college experience. If you want something with a heavy Bible focus, then go to a Bible college like Multnomah (which is in Oregon, not Washington, btw). If you want to go someplace with a faith orientation that might be a bit less conservative socially and academically, then go some place like Seattle Pacific or Pacific Lutheran.

As far as cost, I really think that you need to pray about it. If God is leading you to a certain college, you can bet your life that He will provide the financial means for you to attend that college.

"My God will supply all your needs according to His riches..." (reference? can't remember...but it's in the NT, I think)

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Calvary Chapel Bible College is awesome. There are always a bunch of international students. It's $3200 per semester, which includes, tuition, housing and food. I applied for the Fall 2008 term.

Check it out. www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard Pensacola is good, and I took a course at Whitworth in Spokane which is a sound school (I love Spokane). One needs to be sure any Bible college is accredited if one hopes to be accepted by some employers. The large companies and government agencies will usually not hire a grad from an unaccredited college.

- 1 Watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

DeaneRenata

I know of 2 chrisian colleges but i don't know the cost. There is Biola which is in South California. And Multnomah which is in Washington. :hug:

Speaking of colleges I kinda know how a lot of people think how boring it is to study but I have questions that are educational based that I think I could only get answer from a college. Like questions about trees or bird species that I guess might be answered by a college that has experience in like animal life or botany. Such as this past winter we has a mother bird who laid eggs in the vent in our ceiling, I have no idea how long it takes for birds to hatch perhaps a college could answer this. o.o

Lol, I know that makes me sound dumb, doesnt it? Ha ha, the "dumbing down of america."

Upvote 0