• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Advise me the best place to travel with my family!

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by Samanta123, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:10 PM.

1. Samanta123

Samanta123 New Member

+3
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I want to spend this winter vacation with my family. Advise me which country is best to visit.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Marinad

Marinad New Member

+8
    Canada
    Methodist
    Engaged
    Last month my family and I visited Meribel! Have you ever been in the French Alps? We had a perfect opportunity to spend pleasant time in Méribel! It is a ski resort perfectly located in the Tarentaise Valley — the very heart of the French Alps. And it’s the most attractive ski resort in the whole world! We rented a chalet in Meribel and my family was delighted with it. It is comfortably located 2 minutes’ drive from lifts and 6 minutes’ walk from the center of Méribel. Chalet “Zebra” is a place where all things are done supremely well. I advise yoг to spend time with your family in this way too.

3. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+715
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    There are many wonderful places in the world. Pretty much any vacation will be a fun thing to do with your family. Maybe ask them where they would like to go? Personally I have been staying in the U.S. lately. It has pretty much every climate and many beautiful places. Plus you avoid the hassle and expense of overseas travel. Have fun!

4. New Birth

New Birth Active Member

+138
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    United States of America is a great place to visit and live. You can submerge yourself in most any culture in this vastly diverse nation. There is beauty within its borders that nowhere else on earth can compare. You could learn of its wonderful founding and the Great documents that were forged on the hearts of the Freedom loving Founding Fathers know as the Constitution of the United States. If one is from another country around the globe once he or she visits the United States they will no longer desire the run of the mill dictatorship or form of government they are suppressed by. They will have a taste of freedom and will never forget the blessed Majesty of the Free Wold so many call home. Those around the world that have made the journey to visit this beautiful land will forever desire to become apart of the Greatest Place on Earth as a Citizen of the USA. I would encourage you to visit the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave and experience the freedom so many have fought and died for, its truly a city set on a hill that can not be hidden. Enjoy

5. JosephZ

JosephZ Active Member

+245
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    If you're looking for something unique, my recommendation would be Mindanao Island in the southern Philippines. Actually any part of the Philippines would be a great destination, but Mindanao has the best beaches, natural, and cultural sites than anywhere else in the country in my opinion.

Below are some videos I found on Youtube that give some idea of what there is to see and do. I included one featuring Sta. Cruz Island and another featuring Lake Sebu which are two places I highly recommend. Sta. Cruz Island was featured by National Geographic as having one of the top 20 beaches in the world and Lake Sebu has some awesome waterfalls and boasts the highest zip line in Asia.

Getting here can be a bit expensive, but once you arrive transportation, food, and lodging are a fraction of the costs of what you would find in the US or many other western countries. For example, a two bedroom condominium in Davao City with great amenities can be rented for around $500 for two weeks, or about $35 per day, and an all you can eat buffet at an up scale restaurant costs around $8.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 4:36 PM
  6. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Member

+50
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Here in the UK, we can never guarantee good weather (though we have had some excellent summers recently). We've got England, Wales and Scotland on the mainland and Northern Ireland accessible by plane or ferry. All have an incredibly rich history with breathtaking monuments all over the place going back hundreds and thousands of years - quirky castles, prehistoric stone circles, Roman walls. It's all in a relatively compact area so you can fill a lot into one itinerary. If you fancy going a little further afield, Paris and Brussels are just over 2 hours from London by high speed rail. You can also get to Ireland within an hour by plane.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:52 PM
  7. Radagast

Radagast is a Trinitarian Christian

+6,495
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    It all depends on what kind of things your family likes. Australia is a good destination if you want to experience some warmth.

8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+2,568
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I bike toured Shropshire and the Cotwolds last year, by myself. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

9. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Member

+50
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    I live near the Shropshire border so often get out there for walking. Don't envy you touring by bike as it's very hilly in parts!