• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice....

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been dealing with my mental disorder for 5 years. It has progressed to vocal outbursts. This only happens when I am alone. I am currently going to school to become an LPN. Sometimes I have an vocal outburst when I am studying or driving (alone). I take my medication. At times I wonder if I am competent enough to continue my education. I feel so bog down with my mental disorder. I have been reading the Bible every day but I don’t feel a difference inside of me. I want to stay faithful but I find this hard to do. I don’t know what approach to take in regards to living with a mental disorder. I want to believe in the healing power of Lord my Savior.

PS: I want to make some friends on here. PM me

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been dealing with my mental disorder for 5 years. It has progressed to vocal outbursts. This only happens when I am alone. I am currently going to school to become an LPN. Sometimes I have an vocal outburst when I am studying or driving (alone). I take my medication. At times I wonder if I am competent enough to continue my education. I feel so bog down with my mental disorder. I have been reading the Bible every day but I don’t feel a difference inside of me. I want to stay faithful but I find this hard to do. I don’t know what approach to take in regards to living with a mental disorder. I want to believe in the healing power of Lord my Savior.

God bless you, nedeio.

I'm surprised no one has answered your post yet, so welcome to our Forum, and I hope and pray you do make a lot of good friends here. :wave:

Let me pray about a proper response from God for you, and I'll post again.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been dealing with my mental disorder for 5 years. It has progressed to vocal outbursts. This only happens when I am alone. I am currently going to school to become an LPN. Sometimes I have an vocal outburst when I am studying or driving (alone). I take my medication. At times I wonder if I am competent enough to continue my education.

If the outbursts are only happening when you are alone, then at least the grace of God is there to protect you from doing so in public.

What disorder is it specifically, if I might ask? I'm truly curious.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey there and welcome to CF :wave:
What have you been medically diagnosed with?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is already happened today. I was driving to my appointment with my doctor when all of sudden I started yelling.

Also ... when I was driving ... something (idk what to call it ) started talking through my voice and asked me " How was your appointment with your doctor? (kept asking numerous times)I know this sounds weird but I am telling the truth.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is already happened today. I was driving to my appointment with my doctor when all of sudden I started yelling.

Also ... when I was driving ... something (idk what to call it ) started talking through my voice and asked me " How was your appointment with your doctor? (kept asking numerous times)I know this sounds weird but I am telling the truth.
Its ok, there's a couple of us weirdos here at CF and I mean that with all due laughable respect :eek: (myself included). So the voice you heard asking the question, was that your voice, or a voice in your head? was it audible or internal?

Upvote 0

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its ok, there's a couple of us weirdos here at CF and I mean that with all due laughable respect :eek: (myself included). So the voice you heard asking the question, was that your voice, or a voice in your head? was it audible or internal?

It was audible but it did not sound like my voice ... (something was communicating through my voice)

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was audible but it did not sound like my voice ... (something was communicating through my voice)
What do these voices usually say or is there something in particular that triggers them?

So your not sure if the audible voice was your own?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me pray about a proper response from God for you, and I'll post again.

Just praying and letting SP correspond with you, nedeio. Your situation is a tad out of my league and much more her department.

Upvote 0

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What do these voices usually say or is there something in particular that triggers them?

So your not sure if the audible voice was your own?

I know the voice was not my own. I was focused on driving.

....triggers... if i am studying my flashcards... I start .yelling after a while ( 20 to 30 minutes or so ) or
if i am reading (out loud) or if i try to sing a christian song... I feel tightness in my throat.. and then i start yelling

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if i try to sing a christian song... I feel tightness in my throat.. and then i start yelling

This sounds like an enemy of Christ is involved right here. Have you ever tried fasting and praying for deliverance?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know the voice was not my own. I was focused on driving.

....triggers... if i am studying my flashcards... I start .yelling after a while ( 20 to 30 minutes or so ) or
if i am reading (out loud) or if i try to sing a christian song... I feel tightness in my throat.. and then i start yelling
But your always alone?

What are the voices yelling out? Give me a for instance and do not worry about the things they may say "if embarrassing" and we can't use curse words (on CF) so just kinda put a blank there if that's the case as to be respectful to the site and others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have tried fasting for a few days at a time. I have asked for deliverance. My church and my family has prayed for me.

In regards to faith
I find it difficult to keep the faith. When my outburst happen, I feel a strange feeling (eerie) ( hard to describe)

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you CANNOT control these verbal outbursts?
When my outburst happen, I feel a strange feeling (eerie) ( hard to describe)
I know it's hard and believe me I understand, but if you could describe it would help out and maybe we could figure out a plan of action for you to take, try to find the root of what's going on, since you're already on meds and it doesn't seem to be working.

Upvote 0

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
.... Jesus is not going to help you
Jesus is the answer for the world today... (i know this sounds strange... i know this a song this happened today)
babbling... tryinig to speak in tongues
One thing I notice that "IT" is very aware of my surroundings (and my actions)
I cant remember everything .. sorry the way "IT" is different than way I speak ..it really is putting a wall on my life

Upvote 0

nedeio

Jun 10, 2017
Paris
✟9,455.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you CANNOT control these verbal outbursts?
I know it's hard and believe me I understand, but if you could describe it would help out and maybe we could figure out a plan of action for you to take, try to find the root of what's going on, since you're already on meds and it doesn't seem to be working.

No I can't

I try to remember this Bible verse

Fear not for I am with thee; be not dismayed for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee yea I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.... Jesus is not going to help you
Jesus is the answer for the world today... (i know this sounds strange... i know this a song this happened today)
babbling... tryinig to speak in tongues
One thing I notice that "IT" is very aware of my surroundings (and my actions)
I cant remember everything .. sorry the way "IT" is different than way I speak ..it really is putting a wall on my life
So the voice almost "seems" as if it is contradicting itself?
And not to be weird on ya, but was this post here a sample of the back n forth that "IT" does? And you don't have to apologize, your ok here, I promise, Im not gonna judge ya, take that check to the bank and cash it lol.

Upvote 0