• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice, Support, etc...

Beef

Mar 26, 2005
✟8,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been dealing with anxiety, ocd, and at one time panic attacks for a while now. Like many I can go feeling great...then boom all of a sudden. I recently got married in Sept. and things have been a little rough with my wife having mental issues with depression and anger, but she is getting treatment...none the less i have been battling a little bit lately. I have a very bad phobia/fear with going to the docs and really anything medical. When I get a typical bug/cold/what have you I get very worrysome thinking it is something worse then it really is, and it makes it impossible to relax and just get better. I fear it is something worse, and that i will have to go to the docs. This has been going on for a while now. Well in the last week i got a bug and of course it happened again. Well I am over it, and yesterday was a good day, but it seems that even yesterday and when i was not feeling well, whenever I think of certain random things i get that "pit in your stomach type feeling" the worrysome/anxiety feeling that we get in the stomach(thats the best way i know how to explain it). It just does all feel very overwhelming, and i have to try to be strong for my wife and our relationship. I take paxil, and it seems to help. It is funny how i can be so care free, and then all of a sudden bam! It also seems that sometimes if nothing is wrong, i kind of do the looking for things to see what else i can have anxiety over. Thank you for taking the time to reading this.

Reactions: SoldierOfSoul

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey bro, I understand the anxiety your feeling, I don't have the same kind of obsession but I do have them and know how hard they are to overcome.

Your fear is irrational as all fear in OCD is, it's really annoying is it not? You know it's just a cold and yet there is that small voice, that little bit of doubt that makes your anxiety go up and bam! your in full flung OCD panic!

Next time this happens just try to ignore it, I know that sounds impossible but you must, it is the only possible way that you can overcome this disorder. Just remind yourself that this fear is irrational and put your trust in Jesus Christ that no matter what happens He has your eternal good in mind.

Know that whatever may come will but that Jesus will be by your side and that He will be there to see you through in sickness and when it comes time, death too. We do not need to fear brother, the Holy Spirit will always be there to guide us and strengthen us no matter what we have to face in this erthly life.

We will never be asked to face any situation on our own when we belong to Jesus Christ.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Upvote 0