• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice, Support, etc...

Beef

Mar 26, 2005
✟8,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been dealing with anxiety, ocd, and at one time panic attacks for a while now. Like many I can go feeling great...then boom all of a sudden. I recently got married in Sept. and things have been a little rough with my wife having mental issues with depression and anger, but she is getting treatment...none the less i have been battling a little bit lately. I have a very bad phobia/fear with going to the docs and really anything medical. When I get a typical bug/cold/what have you I get very worrysome thinking it is something worse then it really is, and it makes it impossible to relax and just get better. I fear it is something worse, and that i will have to go to the docs. This has been going on for a while now. Well in the last week i got a bug and of course it happened again. Well I am over it, and yesterday was a good day, but it seems that even yesterday and when i was not feeling well, whenever I think of certain random things i get that "pit in your stomach type feeling" the worrysome/anxiety feeling that we get in the stomach(thats the best way i know how to explain it). It just does all feel very overwhelming, and i have to try to be strong for my wife and our relationship. I take paxil, and it seems to help. It is funny how i can be so care free, and then all of a sudden bam! It also seems that sometimes if nothing is wrong, i kind of do the looking for things to see what else i can have anxiety over. Thank you for taking the time to reading this.

LifebyChrist

Take heart
Jan 12, 2011
✟7,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a friend who is part blind and I also go through the panic attacks and such.

Here are some things that have worked exceptionally well for me.

1. Find some helpful Bible quotes for me reciting Psalm 69 usually seems to hit the spot.

2. Do not overtrain when weightlifting, ive found I get alot more depressed when im lifting too often and too hard.

3. If you do not like the doctors try to find some remedies to help you

4. If you are going through a panic attack or very tense at the moment, try massaging your head, your ear lobes, try taking a walk outside or inside if not possible, try gentle stretching, shower, bubble gum, listening to soothing music, the best is worship music. Something that will help you feel closer to God and relax at the same time.

5. Cleaning and organizing stuff helps me alot

6. Praying when you are more tired and or calm

The biggest thing to watch out for during panic attacks is damage control, to try and not hurt oneself or fellow people or things they own because of course not good for you or wife.

Even if things to become messed up once you feel better try to sort things out.

God Bless and I hope you are able to find useful ways to cope.

Upvote 0