Advice on Foster Parenting

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha thank you it tis purty
She wrote back again:

cool. =)

I would also add that action is better than inaction. It is a big decision, but no child had the choice of being taken away from their family, or being in an abusive situation. I would also suggest contacting Family Services/CPS to make donations to the foster families. They can always use extra everything (cloths, formula, diapers, etc.) Do the classes, meet the foster families in the area, hear the need, and do something.

"...To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me." Mark 9:37

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She wrote back again:

cool. =)

I would also add that action is better than inaction. It is a big decision, but no child had the choice of being taken away from their family, or being in an abusive situation. I would also suggest contacting Family Services/CPS to make donations to the foster families. They can always use extra everything (cloths, formula, diapers, etc.) Do the classes, meet the foster families in the area, hear the need, and do something.

"...To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me." Mark 9:37
AMEN PRAISE GOD

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One more thing from her:

And you are not a bad person if you decide against fostering. You should not feel ashamed or guilty if you decide against it. It is not for everyone.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One more thing from her:

And you are not a bad person if you decide against fostering. You should not feel ashamed or guilty if you decide against it. It is not for everyone.
DaveW you made an awesome daughter their bud send her my love and thankfulness :bow:

4e694eaf0a94c68953b32eaa00132bed.gif

Upvote 0