• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Advice on finding an Orthodox wife?

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by SingularityOne, May 3, 2019.

1. SingularityOne

SingularityOne Well-Known Member Supporter

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm a convert and there are only a few women my age at the parish I belong to. I'm 23 and male.

Any advice on preparation for dating/marriage etc. from those of you who are now married that are converts to the faith?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,009
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    ...you could meet someone and see if she's interested in converting?

3. My King and Lord

My King and Lord Member

+111
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    You don't have to find an orthodox girl. You can find someone you really like, get close with them, and try to talk them into the orthodox faith. This method takes a long time so don't worry if it keeps dragging on. A lot of people converted due to their spouse. Or you can find a girl at your church. It's up to you.

4. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    That's a possibility. If I happen to find a teachable wife, that would be a plus. However, it would be nice to find someone with the same hypostatic anthropology as I do.

5. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,009
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    If you're willing to marry a Trinitarian who might later convert, that really pushes the numbers up, too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I hear you. This seems to be the main advice I've heard so far. I guess that's one way to observe how well she desires God's commandment of respect and obedience that I'm looking for in a helpmeet to lead, protect, and provide for.

7. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I agree. Something I've thought about for sure. Not something I'm searching for outright, but something I'm open to if that is God's will for me.

8. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+6,774
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Ask St Xenia of St Petersburg. That's how a young couple in our parish came together. Both families had asked St Xenia to provide an Orthodox spouse for their son/daughter and organised for their respective Churches to serve a paraklisi for St Xenia, and she brought them together. Their first child was a girl. They named her Xenia, naturally :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,691
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Maybe you could try to get involved more in Orthodox events. A problem I might find if you get with a non-Orthodox woman is the raising of children.

10. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'll continue asking her! Thank you. Interesting story.

11. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    OCF is the only thing I haven't partaken of since there haven't been any events close to me. Which events do you recommend other than OCF?

12. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+13,896
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I would say live your life, go out, and pray. God knows what He is doing. our job is to be ready.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,691
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Any retreat or college-like classes. You could ask your priest about those.

14. SingularityOne

+323
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I see. I'll keep it up. Thanks father.

15. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,811
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    It’s just such a bummer that OrthodoxBabes.org and EasternBelievin’Harmony.com both shut down.

16. prodromos

+6,774
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I think Russianbrides.com is still running ;)

17. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,811
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I heard it was replaced by Rooskiebaybuhs.net???

18. HoleyHermit

HoleyHermit Member

+181
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The Russians are running. But only because I keep chasing them.

19. Paidiske

Paidiske Clara bonam audax Supporter

+14,197
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    I'm going to put it out there - as a non-Orthodox woman who's married to a guy in a different denomination than mine - that looking for someone you might be able to convince to convert is probably a terrible relationship strategy. If a potential husband had so little respect for my religious integrity, I'd run and not look back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. prodromos

+6,774
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Ah, but once you get a taste of Orthodoxy, there is no looking back ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List