PA
✟8,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a junior in college and am new to christian forums. I'm so glad that I found this. I'm trying to create a new me. A me that I once was (also when I was at my happiest) and who I have fallen out of touch with during the recent years. Below is an entry from my journal:

Who Is My Ideal Emma?
Someone who has a deep relationship with God.
Someone who meditates.
Someone who exercises.
Someone who eats healthy.
Someone who is a hard working musician.
Someone who has friends who she connects with deeply.
Someone who takes care of her skin.
Someone who wakes up early.
Someone who is a good lizard mom.
Someone who drinks green tea.
Someone who performs well in school.
Someone who could easily disconnect herself from technology.
Someone who is satisfied with who she is.

How do I become my Ideal Emma?
Studies show that a new habit is created after 21 days. That means that there are 17 sets of 21 days in a year. 17 sets of new habits.

So how do I go about creating these new habits? Do I invent a new daily schedule that fits them all in and try to restart my life (which has worked in the past)? Or do I take these slowly, working on a few at a time? I'd say my top priority habits are my relationship with God, taking good care of my lizard, waking up early, being a hardworking musician (that is my profession, but I've stopped practicing during the last few weeks and I can't afford to), and being less addicted to technology. Those are all things that need to change as soon as possible.

I know that this is a long post, but I'm really struggling to decide what my first steps should be.

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
2 Corinthians 5:17
Being your ideal Emma is not important in the scope of being God's ideal Emma.Seek first the kingdom of God,and all these will be added.
Matthew 6:33

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Five percent of the population sets goals and only 3% accomplishes them. You need a lot of discipline and focus to do something consistently for 30 days and keep it up. Most people take longer to establish new habits.

Start with the first item on your list. That will inform the rest and allow you to make adjustments as you’re led.

Most of the things you’ve mentioned have a wellness slant. There is a desperate need for health accountability in the church. Maybe that’s the bigger thing you haven’t glimpsed.

Read, The Happiness Dare. You’ll have greater insight when you’re done. And you’ll tackle your questions too. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Emma33, along with seconding what @Rebecca4Christ just said above, I will add a similar Scripture for you to consider as well (it's Matthew 6:33 from a slightly different POV, if you will). BTW, your desires certainly seem like laudable ones, but choosing to put God first in everything in your life often gives us a new perspective on even our most heartfelt desires. Here is the verse that I was speaking of.

Psalms 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

This verse is a wonderful command with a wonderful promise attached to it :), the key to which is found in always seeking after Him, never after the things that we want from Him.

Blessings to you in Christ!

--David
p.s. - it's also important to understand/remember that the command in v4 above is not to "delight the Lord", rather, the command is to "delight YOURSELF in the Lord".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm a junior in college and am new to christian forums. I'm so glad that I found this. I'm trying to create a new me. A me that I once was (also when I was at my happiest) and who I have fallen out of touch with during the recent years. Below is an entry from my journal:

Who Is My Ideal Emma?
Someone who meditates.
Someone who exercises.

Studies show that a new habit is created after 21 days. That means that there are 17 sets of 21 days in a year. 17 sets of new habits.

So how do I go about creating these new habits? Do I invent a new daily schedule that fits them all in and try to restart my life (which has worked in the past)? Or do I take these slowly, working on a few at a time? I'd say my top priority habits are my relationship with God, taking good care of my lizard, waking up early, being a hardworking musician (that is my profession, but I've stopped practicing during the last few weeks and I can't afford to), and being less addicted to technology. Those are all things that need to change as soon as possible.

I know that this is a long post, but I'm really struggling to decide what my first steps should be.

Take a lesson from Dave Ramsey (financial guru).
Tackle the easiest one first, then the next easiest one... (rinse and repeat).

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who Is My Ideal Emma?
Someone who meditates.
Someone who exercises.

Very interesting, Emma! You might first think of who you are and what your goals in life might be ---and certainly pray and trust God to guide you (Lizards must be a side-line).

Upvote 0