Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have found an app that can block access to the settings on Android. Now I need to know if I can find apps that can replace parts of the settings that are important.

The reason I need to block the settings is because I have software installed that prevents access to objectionable content. I have found that access to the settings can lead to being able to remove such software. I have installed AppBlock which blocks the settings. However since Wi-Fi connections are in the settings, I am not able to connect to public Wi-Fi this way. I was wondering if there is a stand alone app for Wi-Fi that I can use to connect to wireless networks. I tried some from Google Play but they were weird and listed networks over large areas of maps instead of networks just in range and one app I installed kept on turning the volume up over an over again. Apps for display, bluetooth, etc are also needed. Maybe even an alternative settings app but I don't know if that exists.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The software I am using is described at accountable2you.com. This gives information to my accountability partner to make sure I am using the Internet responsibly. I am trying to block "settings" so that I cannot remove the software.
I think it's a legal requirement for apps to have a removal option, and it's usually in the license agreement to not modify the software yourself. So it's probably not going to happen.

But I say this so if someone knows of an exception, they can post it now .. yes this always happens .

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
A google search found the following.

You need a security app for Android which can lock your system settings and individual apps on the mobile phone. There are several powerful and yet free security and privacy protection apps on Google Play Store you can choose, such as App Lock, LOCKit, Vault, etc.

Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There has been a breakthrough where I found an app for Wi-Fi that can find networks in range and connect so that I don't have to use settings anymore to connect to Wi-Fi.

I have actually used a flip phone for several months but I work in a store that has an app and without the smartphone I cannot answer customer questions for people who shop in the store.

I am still looking for alternative apps for Bluetooth, display, sound settings, etc.

Upvote 0