Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I've been dating a beautiful and wonderful lady, for whom my love cannot truly be described in words, since the end of the summer.

On the other hand, it is now two years today since I first met the person who is now my ex. I've been struggling on and off with reconciling the breakup from before.

Now I feel conflicted, and part of me feels horrible because I both love my girlfriend, and also miss my ex. The relationship I had with Tiffany was one of deep commitment on my part, to the point I was saving money for a ring. When she broke up with me, I cannot truly explain the hurt I experienced. This hurt was magnified when what was our one year anniversary was her first date with another guy.

Mia was there with me to help me pick up the pieces. She made it her personal mission to see me smile again. And she was extremely successful. We became best friends, and a few months later, our friendship developed to the point that I wanted to date her.

Through all this, I was still trying to reconcile having three classes with Tiffany, and working in the same workplace whilst having the same circle of friends. Her engagement and now wedding are hard blows to take, and with the wedding still fresh in my mind, I can't shake thoughts of how everything went wrong.

Don't get me wrong, my commitment to Mia is solid and I'm looking forward to a long time with her. But, maybe just putting this out is just my way of trying to process my thoughts.

I don't know what else to say, so I guess I'll have to leave you guys with a weak ending.

SionDS

Honest Humble
Jul 16, 2010
✟7,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
She's gone and not coming back. Stop talking to her, don't take classes with her, find a better place to work, and slowly move away from her friends. None of that stuff is healthy.

If Mia caught wind of this(or already has) it would cause a lot of resentment, and she would be justified in all of it.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If Mia caught wind of this(or already has) it would cause a lot of resentment, and she would be justified in all of it.
Exactly. Jealousy can cause major damage to a relationship and can damage the trust alot. Think of it as a sin, let go of the past and embrace the future with Mia.

Upvote 0