Advice needed on blocking / disabling factory reset and safe mode on smartphones

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Looks like Android is set up like its progenitor, Linux. You would create a non-admin account for your use, then give access to the admin account exclusively to someone you trust.

Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought I would write again and say that I am still looking for a solution to address dangerous settings in smartphones that allow you to easily remove / disable software that prevents access to content that is not family friendly. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

If I don't get any more responses I might think that there is not a way to fix this, or that I should talk to people with deeper technical knowledge. Setting up a non-admin account for myself seems like a good idea, but I am still wondering if I restart the phone and push certain hardware keys to access the recovery menu and factory reset, that it would still be possible to erase the settings on the phone.

Someone recently suggested the XDA Developers forum, so I have been asking them if there is a way to write a custom version of Android with no factory reset and no safe mode available in the OS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belonging to Abba

Jesus loves you!!!
Jun 27, 2015
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought I would check again for a solution to this problem which results in me not being able to use any smartphone at all and enjoy my favorite apps for good purposes. Can anyone respond to help lead me to a solution?

One idea I want to ask about is would it be possible to break the volume down button off the phone and remove it and have this done at a computer repair shop? For Android that would be a quick fix to this problem if this would be possible.

Upvote 0