United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

If I had not read it in America's newspaper of record, I would have never believed it. I would of thought it was parenting advice from The Onion, "America's Finest News Source".

But here it is, in the New York Times shining a light on both readership demographics and editorial judgement. "Mother of Free Spirit" appeals to parenting gurus Cheryl Strayed and Steve Almond about her "amazing" 15 year old daughter. Her "free spirit" can out as pansexual when she was 11 (yes,11). After a few heterosexual "relationships" and a few "girl crushes", now she wants to date a transgender boy. But this troubles Mother of a Free Spirit. "I worry that I'm being shallow and judgemental."

Continued below.
MercatorNet: Advice for transgender ‘free spirits’

YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal
Jan 16, 2019
new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sad but the WORLD is indoctrinating our children, youth. It is profiling and labeling people. It is using social media and education to mold and shape opinion and what is acceptable and not acceptable. Soon it will be illegal to believe in the bible and preach it for it is hate speech to those who revel in sin. It is very bad and getting worse all the time. This is why i believe in home schooling if one can do so. Great post. ty

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I became aware of the ferocity of their agenda last year. I wasn't familiar with a lot of the terminology and kept encountering arguments about CIS gender and other elements that baffled me. But I came to realize pretty soon what was going on. They opened a can of worms that has sparked a lot of anger from many directions. I think discernment is key. There are many supporters of their agenda (and similar ones along these lines) within our ranks.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I posted here a few weeks back that I work for a major healthcare organization and part of our online year end training involved one Class on transgender persons and how to address them. It discussed personal pronouns such as Zis and Zer. The training and multiple choice questions at the end are mandatory.

I can see the persecution coming. If anyone chose not to take the course then the inquisition would begin.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When you remove God from a situation, it's bound to go off the rails. The more people rely on their own reasoning, the more insane things get.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON

OBOB Statement of Purpose
OBOB welcomes non-Catholic guests who wish to fellowship or ask respectful questions.
Definition of a Fellowship Post

It is not:

It is not debate.
It is not apologetics.
It is not answering questions related to the beliefs of the group.
It is not teaching in any way on any issue

It is:
Essentially Fellowship is defined as a discussion of topics of association, of companionship - i.e. discussions of things like friends, family, work..... these are fellowship posts. And posts that genuinely offer friendship would certainly be described as fellowship.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0