Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought I should leave this here as I've been inspired to write about this because of some of the posts I've read on CF. Alot of what I've put together is borrowed. I'll give it back when I'm done. Hope the blog is somewhat a blessing to you all :)

Here's a snapshot:

Al Hsu also wrote in the book about his interview with John Stott. During the interview, he asked, “Dr. Stott what sort of advice would you give to singles who would like to marry?” He replied:

“First, don’t be in too great a hurry to get married. We human beings do not reach maturity until we are about 25. To marry before this runs the risk of finding yourself at 25 married to somebody who was a very different person at the age of 20. So be patient. Pray daily that God will guide you to your life partner or show you if he wants you to remain single. Second, lead a normal social life. Develop many friendships. Third, if God calls you to singleness, don’t fight it. Remember the key test: Each person has his or her own gift of God’s grace’ (1 Cor. 7:70).”

What God Has Ordained For A Lifetime (Part I)

My Post.jpg

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great blog! The Stott quote in the OP is helpful.

From your blog:
“Mr Wesley, have you ever met Satan face to face?” He said, “No, but I’m married to his sister.”

As you probably know, Wesley was of short stature. I heard a story (likely apocryphal) that someone was walking by his house and saw his wife slinging him across the room by his hair. I have heard (again, I have no source) that he wrote in his journal "I didn't ask her to leave, and I won't ask her to return." Even people of spiritual maturity can have significant troubles in marriage.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great blog! The Stott quote in the OP is helpful.

From your blog:
“Mr Wesley, have you ever met Satan face to face?” He said, “No, but I’m married to his sister.”

As you probably know, Wesley was of short stature. I heard a story (likely apocryphal) that someone was walking by his house and saw his wife slinging him across the room by his hair. I have heard (again, I have no source) that he wrote in his journal "I didn't ask her to leave, and I won't ask her to return." Even people of spiritual maturity can have significant troubles in marriage.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it just shows that the devil really hates any unity of believers founded on Christ alone. Even if a marriage is made in heaven, the maintenance work has to be done here on earth.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it just shows that the devil really hates any unity of believers founded on Christ alone. Even if a marriage is made in heaven, the maintenance work has to be done here on earth.
Eww. I like this. I think I'll use it one day. Thanks!

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eww. I like this. I think I'll use it one day. Thanks!
You're welcome... I think I got that from the book titled, "The Single Issue" by Al Hsu. Highly recommend it.

Upvote 0