flipflop2234

Feb 24, 2017
United States
✟17,087.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is a problem that I have been battling with quite heavily. I am about to graduate high school and am already admitted into the college I wish to attend. In the past I felt really guilty about cheating but realized it was all in the past and dropping out wouldn’t make sense even if I didn’t feel like I didn’t earn it. By that logic, I would have to deny my grade school’s education because of peeking at a neighbor’s paper! The main issue that I have come to terms with is a class that I am taking right now in my senior year. We are approaching the end of the third quarter of the school year and I have been utilizing what is called a “test bank”. A test bank is a collection of questions that is usually provided by the publisher as a foundation for test crafting. Basically the test bank is a tool for teacher’s use in insuring that their tests will cover the proper course material. I didn’t come back to my faith until just recently and have only just began to monitor my life for sinful behaviors. The fact that I had the test bank and others didn’t always seemed unfair because it made the class very easy while other kids had a hard time but I didn’t really care because I wanted an easy A. This issue is only just now being addressed and I am very confused as to what to do. Many I have asked have given me a wide array of advice (usually not fully supported by scripture) either move on, confess, drop the class, or even just drop out of high school to avoid reaping the benefits of ill gotten gain. I couldn’t find any teachings by Jesus that gave any advice on what to do with ill gotten gain. Even for thieves the new testament doesn’t instruct them to give restitution for their stolen things. No one has given me any instructional scripture (not from old jewish law) except for “read Ephesians and follow what it says”. I have read it and none of the principles can really be applied well to this particular issue. There is nothing (to my knowledge) that says that I should go confess or not confess. I understand that I should ask for forgiveness from my teacher if I have made him angry with me but I don’t believe I have. I also think my sin is more between myself and god than against my teacher because I am robbing myself of knowledge and he would never know. It doesn’t really affect him in any other way. I could really use some advice that is backed up by god’s word. Right now I am leaning towards just getting through the year and being an honest student from here on out. The AP test for the class is coming up and I believe that I can score well and prove to myself that I really didn’t need the test banks.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is a problem that I have been battling with quite heavily. I am about to graduate high school and am already admitted into the college I wish to attend. In the past I felt really guilty about cheating but realized it was all in the past and dropping out wouldn’t make sense even if I didn’t feel like I didn’t earn it. By that logic, I would have to deny my grade school’s education because of peeking at a neighbor’s paper! The main issue that I have come to terms with is a class that I am taking right now in my senior year. We are approaching the end of the third quarter of the school year and I have been utilizing what is called a “test bank”. A test bank is a collection of questions that is usually provided by the publisher as a foundation for test crafting. Basically the test bank is a tool for teacher’s use in insuring that their tests will cover the proper course material. I didn’t come back to my faith until just recently and have only just began to monitor my life for sinful behaviors. The fact that I had the test bank and others didn’t always seemed unfair because it made the class very easy while other kids had a hard time but I didn’t really care because I wanted an easy A. This issue is only just now being addressed and I am very confused as to what to do. Many I have asked have given me a wide array of advice (usually not fully supported by scripture) either move on, confess, drop the class, or even just drop out of high school to avoid reaping the benefits of ill gotten gain. I couldn’t find any teachings by Jesus that gave any advice on what to do with ill gotten gain. Even for thieves the new testament doesn’t instruct them to give restitution for their stolen things. No one has given me any instructional scripture (not from old jewish law) except for “read Ephesians and follow what it says”. I have read it and none of the principles can really be applied well to this particular issue. There is nothing (to my knowledge) that says that I should go confess or not confess. I understand that I should ask for forgiveness from my teacher if I have made him angry with me but I don’t believe I have. I also think my sin is more between myself and god than against my teacher because I am robbing myself of knowledge and he would never know. It doesn’t really affect him in any other way. I could really use some advice that is backed up by god’s word. Right now I am leaning towards just getting through the year and being an honest student from here on out. The AP test for the class is coming up and I believe that I can score well and prove to myself that I really didn’t need the test banks.

Revelation 21:8King James Version (KJV)
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

King James Version (KJV)

Look you don't have to confess...and I wouldn't tbh it's too late for that, if you cheat on a test or have in the past you let it go. The bible says after salvation your sins are washed white as snow so don't look back. I cheated a lot in highschool but that was before I was saved. I almost did it again in college one time but then I was convicted by the spirit becuase of my salvation that cheating=lying. It seems simple but if you ask random people about this many would say it's not the same thing but really it is. If you get answers and take a test that teacher believes you took it and made so on so grade, it doesn't help if the teacher talks about who made A's and she calls out your name either.

So yeah keep that in mind that cheating=lying becuase the person thinks your taking the test and if she were to ask you if you honestly took that test you would say you did even though you cheated and yeah would be a lie.

But yeah this is just coming from another young person a young minister for God now. I've learned that cheating=lying and I don't do it anymore. Most young kids do it though so don't feel overly bad about it, i'm not saying that becuase most do it it's justifiable but rather it's nothing to be super ashamed about, just learn from it and move on. Now if this was an AP course uh... man idk what to tell you. But if you're just gonna take the course in college then you're fine as long as you payed attention in class.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Have no fear. There is 100 times as much to learn as what you get tested on. Dig deep into your subjects
and you have the opportunity to be world class in no time. Doing this will cover any past sins, becasue
knowledge and passion are what gets results, not grades on tests. Buckle down on your subjects.
Any learning you may have missed can be compensated for with good study habits and side interests.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you did not learn the material, you won't do well on the A.P. Test. Even students who have learned the material well sometimes struggle on the test because it is so rigorous.

I would suggest you ask God to forgive you for cheating and ask Him to help you not to give into temptation again.

You can study the subject more in depth to actually learn the material, which you should have done in the first place.

Cheating is rife, but still wrong. And while it might get you an A for the class, it hurts you in the long run because you haven't learned anything other than how to take the easy way, and it precludes you from doing well on an A.P. Test or in the subject in college. Not to mention that it is something dishonest and therefore something God does not like.

He is a loving and merciful Father, and will forgive you and reinstate your relationship.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

flipflop2234

Feb 24, 2017
United States
✟17,087.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 21:8King James Version (KJV)
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

King James Version (KJV)

Look you don't have to confess...and I wouldn't tbh it's too late for that, if you cheat on a test or have in the past you let it go. The bible says after salvation your sins are washed white as snow so don't look back. I cheated a lot in highschool but that was before I was saved. I almost did it again in college one time but then I was convicted by the spirit becuase of my salvation that cheating=lying. It seems simple but if you ask random people about this many would say it's not the same thing but really it is. If you get answers and take a test that teacher believes you took it and made so on so grade, it doesn't help if the teacher talks about who made A's and she calls out your name either.

So yeah keep that in mind that cheating=lying becuase the person thinks your taking the test and if she were to ask you if you honestly took that test you would say you did even though you cheated and yeah would be a lie.

But yeah this is just coming from another young person a young minister for God now. I've learned that cheating=lying and I don't do it anymore. Most young kids do it though so don't feel overly bad about it, i'm not saying that becuase most do it it's justifiable but rather it's nothing to be super ashamed about, just learn from it and move on. Now if this was an AP course uh... man idk what to tell you. But if you're just gonna take the course in college then you're fine as long as you payed attention in class.
Are you actually a pastor/minister?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you actually a pastor/minister?
Ik it's hard to believe cause of my age, but I started searching for god young. I went through things at a young age that some don't go through until later in life so matured early and this kind of translated into my spiritual life I guess.

Upvote 0

flipflop2234

Feb 24, 2017
United States
✟17,087.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ik it's hard to believe cause of my age, but I started searching for god young. I went through things at a young age that some don't go through until later in life so matured early and this kind of translated into my spiritual life I guess.
I am a wreck and could use someome to talk to, can I have your phone number

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums