Advice and sugegstions please

ribenaberry

Feb 23, 2004
Bristol
✟181.00
Faith
Christian
I've been trying to get over depression for over 18 months now, and I thought I was really getting somewhere, and I might even be off my medication in a few weeks. But things just don't feel right - one of my friends is really upset coz he's really struggling with stuff, and no-one in our house (there's 6 of us and we're all Christians) seem to be able to do anything to help anyone else at the moment. I don't know if it's jsut that we're not praying together or anything like that, but we all seem to be *****ing and compalining about things all the time, instead of appreciating how lucky we all are to have each other. I want to be able to do something to help, but I guess I'm at least as self-centred as everyone else, and am so pre-occupied with how much revision I should be doing for my finals that it's actually getting really hard to do my revision. I don't really think i can quite put my finger on exactly what's wrong, because there seem to be too many things. I've been praying about it loads and it jsut all seems to be getting worse, and I don't know what to do anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jay1_z

Mar 15, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
There are numerous things that you can do to feel better. Start by praising God. :clap: By praising God you allow him to dwell inside of you. Or by praying and asking God to help you and your family. It could be a spirit in that house that is keeping all of you down. You need to take authority over your house and family by casting that spirit out. Jesus gave us the power and authority to do that. "Demon/Satan you have no authority in this home. I won't allow you to dwell here and keep my family down. We are children of God, and he is the only one that will lead our emotions. I believe, in the name of Jesus, are loosed from this house." If you say something to this order and truly believe by faith that it is true, that spirit will be lifted. I hope this helps and I will pray for you & your family. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ribenaberry said:
I've been trying to get over depression for over 18 months now, and I thought I was really getting somewhere, and I might even be off my medication in a few weeks. But things just don't feel right - one of my friends is really upset coz he's really struggling with stuff, and no-one in our house (there's 6 of us and we're all Christians) seem to be able to do anything to help anyone else at the moment. I don't know if it's jsut that we're not praying together or anything like that, but we all seem to be *****ing and compalining about things all the time, instead of appreciating how lucky we all are to have each other. I want to be able to do something to help, but I guess I'm at least as self-centred as everyone else, and am so pre-occupied with how much revision I should be doing for my finals that it's actually getting really hard to do my revision. I don't really think i can quite put my finger on exactly what's wrong, because there seem to be too many things. I've been praying about it loads and it jsut all seems to be getting worse, and I don't know what to do anymore.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like you have put your finger on it and that you are humble enough to wonder about your own selfishness, as we all do from time to time. It is an excellent idea to go to effective praise and worship services and let the Holy Spirit soften your heart as your pour yours out to Him. In the Old testament, David has a huge choir and orchestra for praise, and some of the battles were led by those in the choir, singing songs of praise and deliverance. God will and can deliver you. Just raise you hand to Him like a child and soon the things of the world will grow strangly dim as you bathe in His glory and grace. It may sound a little corny, but it's true. There is power in praise. The Bible says that God inhabits the praise of His people.

Psalms 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. (the Church is part of Israel)

2Ch 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth forever.

Isa 43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.

Ezr 3:11 And they sang together by course in praising and giving thanks unto the LORD; because he is good, for his mercy endureth forever toward Israel. And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the LORD, because the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

Upvote 0