• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Adversity as Faith Builder

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Ash Cheum, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Ash Cheum

Ash Cheum New Member

+7
    Philippines
    Christian
    Married

Adversity as Faith Builder

James 1:2-4
    "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
    And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

Trials are inevitable in this world. But trials are occasions for joy, not discouraged resignation. We can count it all joy in the midst of trials because they are used to produce patience. Knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience: Faith is tested through trials.

Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

God is worthy to be trusted. We can go forward in peace, believing that through His word, God will direct our paths.
    Sometimes you must go through the valley to reach the top of the mountain.

Psalms 91:1
    "I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

God Himself becomes like a mighty refuge and fortress for us. His protection, comfort, care and all the good things are freely given to us.
    It's just a matter of believing that you have already received it by faith.

1 Peter 1:6-7
    "In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

We especially rejoice in God’s keeping power when we are grieved by various trials, knowing that He will keep us as our faith is tested by fire. The reason for our joy is the great future God promises us, and His unswerving commitment to keep it for us and us for it.

2 Corinthians 9:8
    "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."

All grace - All kinds of favor. He is able to impart to you those things which are needful for your welfare in times of trial.
    God is able and is willing, and it ought to be believed that He is. He is sustaining us in all things at all times, so that we may abound and be a blessing to others as well, even in difficult times.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+10,265
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting these.:oldthumbsup:

3. Ash Cheum

Ash Cheum New Member

+7
    Philippines