Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, the year slips away and we have found ourselves in December. Today, many Christians celebrated the first Sunday of Advent, the time of the spiritual preparation for Christmas. Some of us already have our decorations up. I love having an advent wreath in the house.

But what would be a great devotional to meditate upon for the first Sunday of Advent?
I think early on of Hope. Hope is something that has different meanings to different people. Children may hope for new toys on Christmas morning. Parents may Hope to have enough money to pay for them.
But I go back further, to a group of people
who had walked in darkness and saw a great light.
Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those in distress. In the past He humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future He will honor the Way to the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles:
The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death,
a light has dawned. You have enlarged the nation
and increased its joy.
The people rejoice before You as they rejoice at harvest time
as men rejoice in dividing the plunder.

For some, Hope is all they have. But with the Hope of God's Love, we see our Hopes fulfilled. Hope is a good thing. And Hope is a union with God's Unlimited Love and Goodness.

In the dark times, the people had ONLY hope. And That Hope WAS fulfilled......

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

SO the First Day of Advent is a day when we remember that no matter what our lot or situation is in life, God is waiting to fulfill our hopes.
And we go Forwards, in this blessed time of year, as living lights of God's Love and sharing Joys peace love and hope with those whom need it most.

Amen

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Faith, hope, and charity, the 3 theological virtues, and as you pointed out so well, especially relevant in Advent.

Let us hope for a better future, with hope fueled by trust in the Lord!

Upvote 0