✟8,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

I don't know if this is the proper forum for my question. If it isn't, can someome point me in the right direction?

Over in Marriage Ministry forum the question came up about adultry in the mind vs. actuall adultry. Matthew 5:28, says: But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

If someone's spouse is openly flirting and stareing at female body parts, one would assume he is lusting and has "already committed adultery with her in his heart. Would the flirt's spouse be bibically allowed to divorce her husband?

ptgd1st

Jan 11, 2005
California
✟8,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Adultery is adultery and as i interpret it, yes a divorce is justified. Even Looking as the bible says is adultery. Everyone says that Bill Clinton had sexual relations with Monica even though technically it was not sex. It is the same thing. Looking with Lust, while technically not the worlds definition of adultery, is still adultery.

But that is where the couple needs to evalute and ask if it is something that can be worked through. Divorce should not just be automatic.

Upvote 0

CynthiaSpeaks

Big Bad Bart... He's my dream!
Dec 2, 2004
Oregon
✟8,046.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. I agree with what you wrote. It appears, in the case of the couple I'm thinking of, that this is a huge proglem. She's asked him to stop and he won't after years and years. Nor will he go to counseling. But yes, ultimately, it is between the two of them whether or not they can work it out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.