US
✟1,095,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Adultery is a sin. Sin is transgression of YHWH's law. Adultery is a sin against YHWH.

If you commit adultery; it is because you don't love YHWH; let alone your neighbor.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

Adultery was against YHWH's law before YHWH ever wrote it down for Moses.

So you don't need to see it in writing to know that this applies to you.

It doesn't matter whether you are in covenant or not, or whether or not you believe that you have to keep the law. It applies to everyone.

Even the heathens have had YHWH's law written on their hearts before Moses was born.

It carried the death penalty before YHWH wrote it down for Moses; yet some today feel that because of the blood dowry that Yahshua paid for them; that they are above the law, and can play the harlot.

(CLV) Gn 20:3
But Elohim came to Abimelech in a dream by night and said to him: Behold, you are to die on account of the woman whom you have taken, for she is the spouse of a possessor.

(CLV) Gn 20:4
Now Abimelech, he had not gone near her, and he said: My Lord, are You going to kill even an unknowing and righteous nation?

(CLV) Gn 20:5
Did not he himself say to me, She is my sister? And moreover, did not she herself say, He is my brother? In the sincerity of my heart and in the innocence of my palms have I done this.

(CLV) Gn 20:6
The One, Elohim, replied to him in the dream: I too know that you have done this in the sincerity of your heart, and I was also keeping you back from sinning against Me. Therefore I did not allow you to touch her.

not under law

Mar 23, 2020
Worcester
✟18,172.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Adultery is a sin. Sin is transgression of YHWH's law. Adultery is a sin against YHWH.

If you commit adultery; it is because you don't love YHWH; let alone your neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

It doesn't matter whether you are in covenant or not, or whether or not you believe that you have to keep the law. It applies to everyone.

Even the heathens have had YHWH's law written on their hearts before Moses was born.

It carried the death penalty before YHWH wrote it down for Moses; yet some today feel that because of the blood dowry that Yahshua paid for them; that they are above the law, and can play the harlot.

But Elohim came to Abimelech in a dream by night and said to him: Behold, you are to die on account of the woman whom you have taken, for she is the spouse of a possessor.

Now Abimelech, he had not gone near her, and he said: My Lord, are You going to kill even an unknowing and righteous nation?

Did not he himself say to me, She is my sister? And moreover, did not she herself say, He is my brother? In the sincerity of my heart and in the innocence of my palms have I done this.

The One, Elohim, replied to him in the dream: I too know that you have done this in the sincerity of your heart, and I was also keeping you back from sinning against Me. Therefore I did not allow you to touch her.
Of course, Jesus expounded on that commandment didn't he.
If you look at a woman with lust in your eye you have already committed adultery with her in your heart

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Of course, Jesus expounded on that commandment didn't he.
If you look at a woman with lust in your eye you have already committed adultery with her in your heart

Good point. It would stand to reason that you can't sin in your heart; if the law is not written on your heart.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

1 Thes 4:3. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Total submission to God> Self- denial

Awesome answer! That's my answer. The most dangerous idol that we worship is our ego. Whenever we put our will above YHWH's will; we have elevated ourselves above YHWH. That's what Satan does.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Avoiding saving faith is the only current death penalty.
Jesus has covered all the rest of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums