Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From a recently mentioned article:

Here’s Proof That Not Every Protestant Doctrine is Biblical

"Yet a curious double standard seems to be in play here, whether intended or not. The New Testament never mentions a host of things that Protestants of various stripes believe in. For example, it knows nothing of an "altar call" or the typical "sinner's prayer" of evangelicals. It doesn't mention church buildings; never uses the word "Trinity" or the frequently mentioned evangelical terminology of "personal relationship with Jesus".

A quick response ...

1. Altar Call - Jesus set the example - "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28-30

2. Sinner's Prayer - "Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner." Luke 18:13b

Also ... Romans 10:9 For if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him up from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For, with the heart, we believe unto justice; but, with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.

3. Church Buildings (Synagogues, Temples, Tabernacles, etc. ... ) ???

4. Scripture never uses the word "Trinity". I don't think that any christian Trinitarian is put off by the word "Trinity" not appearing in scripture, because the concept of the Trinity is found in scripture.

5. Scripture doesn't use the explicit term - "Personal Relationship with Jesus", but it does describe such a relationship ("Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Rev. 3:20)

Last edited: