Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This does not include the green new deal, or, slave reparations. Both of which will likely cost trillions more.

Guess I should not be too concerned since I will not be alive long enough to see it paid off.

But then there are my concerns for my grandchildren.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Guess I should not be too concerned since I will not be alive long enough to see it paid off.

But then there are my concerns for my grandchildren.

M-Bob

I hear you, people never realize that where your money goes is where your rights go.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How is this relevant? It's from 2016.

Unless the senator and candidate for president has withdrawn some of his proposals--which I do not think has happened--then it is quite relevant as part of the enormous debt he wants to saddle the country with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Unless the senator and candidate for president has withdrawn some of his proposals--which I do not think has happened--then it is quite relevant as part of the enormous debt he wants to saddle the country with.

It's all about control, like most career politicians he is about Bernie Sanders first, everything that comes after that, comes after that.

All these programs he is proposing will require the people to interact with the soon to be enormous federal government. The Government will control every aspect of your life.

Most people will applaude it until they are told:

"well you are 56 now, not as productive as a 30 year old" and you are also to expensive in relation to your health. Regretfully, in order to care for the younger generation of workers, we will be forced to ration your level of healthcare, but you do have options.

1. Pay for your own healthcare (at one of our facilities of course)

2. Accept assisted suicide (at one of our facilities of course)

3. Accept pain relief therapy only (to be provided by one of our facilities of course.

4. Leave your possessions, wealth, and property, and move to another country.

Sound familiar?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I found, it appears that Americans spent $3.5 trillion on healthcare in 2017 -- so $35 trillion over ten years. So it seems that Sander's plans, if they really only cost $19 trillion, would save money. That is even after accounting for Medicare, which was just over $700 billion in spending -- meaning that accounts for less than half ($7 trillion) of the $16 trillion that allegedly would be saved.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I found, it appears that Americans spent $3.5 trillion on healthcare in 2017 -- so $35 trillion over ten years. So it seems that Sander's plans, if they really only cost $19 trillion, would save money. That is even after accounting for Medicare, which was just over $700 billion in spending -- meaning that accounts for less than half ($7 trillion) of the $16 trillion that allegedly would be saved.

You can't post legitimate facts like that because it blows holes through the narrative of the thread. o_O

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It should be noted that we spend around twice as much per capita on healthcare (including health insurance) as pretty much every other developed nation (or really, any nation for that matter). Yet, by most health related metrics we fall behind most developed nation.

It's like going to a car dealership, dishing out $50,000, and having them bring out a Kia Sorento. Used.

Either we should be paying a lot less, or we should be getting a (much) better product.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's all about control, like most career politicians he is about Bernie Sanders first, everything that comes after that, comes after that.

All these programs he is proposing will require the people to interact with the soon to be enormous federal government. The Government will control every aspect of your life.

Most people will applaude it until they are told:

"well you are 56 now, not as productive as a 30 year old" and you are also to expensive in relation to your health. Regretfully, in order to care for the younger generation of workers, we will be forced to ration your level of healthcare, but you do have options.

1. Pay for your own healthcare (at one of our facilities of course)

2. Accept assisted suicide (at one of our facilities of course)

3. Accept pain relief therapy only (to be provided by one of our facilities of course.

4. Leave your possessions, wealth, and property, and move to another country.

Sound familiar?

Right wing American fantasies are funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats an annual tax hike of $58,823 for every American. Sorry Bernie, you'd be putting the middle class in the poor house.

I think you need to check your math.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thats an annual tax hike of $58,823 for every American. Sorry Bernie, you'd be putting the middle class in the poor house.
That's $19 trillion over ten years, so you're off by a factor of ten. Then consider that we currently spend over $10,000 per person annually on healthcare right now. So in reality, it's a savings of $4000 per person per year.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's $19 trillion over ten years, so you're off by a factor of ten. Then consider that we currently spend over $10,000 per person annually on healthcare right now. So in reality, it's a savings of $4000 per person per year.

Ah ok...so only $5.8k hike per year. Thanks for the correction.

Assuming there are no deductibles nor copays any longer?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah ok...so only $5.8k hike per year. Thanks for the correction.

Assuming there are no deductibles nor copays any longer?
The bulk of that $10k is insurance (my employer pays about $11k/year for my health coverage), and I would assume that deductibles would be gone. Copays are minimal - a few hundred dollars a year at most unless you are taking a ton of medication.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0