Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Pharaoh’s first born son is about to die. The one with the power of Death (Hebrews 2:14) is about to strike Egypt.

What Saved the first born son’s of Israel, within Egypt?
The blood of the Lamb, painted over the door post.

What else saved the first born son's of Israel, within Egypt?
Nothing

The Flood is about to sweep over the globe... and only 8 people survived!

What saved them?
Getting on The Ark!

What else saved them?
Nothing!

Exodus 14:14 is an important verse!

Last edited:

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pharaoh’s first born son is about to die. The one with the power of Death (Hebrews 2:14) is about to strike Egypt.

What else saved the first born Sons of Israel, within Egypt?
Nothing

What saved them?
Getting on The Ark!

What else saved them?
Nothing!

= physical temporal salvation from physical death and nothing more.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? Do we add obedience to Salivational requirement, beyond belief, in your opinion?
The new birth precedes faith and it is our nature to seek holiness and shun sin.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The new birth precedes faith and it is our nature to seek holiness and shun sin.

1 John 1:8

Is Christ a promoter of Sin? Absolutely not! Is Romans 7, absolutely true? Yes! Does a Believer rejoice in Sin? No! Do Believers Sin because they are enticed to and want to? Yes! Does God convict and correct the Believer? Yes! Is it okay to strap Carnal Requirements to Salvation past Belief? Not only no, but it is Blasphemy!

Do Believers Sin in the Flesh until death, though they are saved? Yes! It's a fact, not a matter of semantics, and an important issue, because Believers are bound to honesty, above all mankind!

Do you disagree with this?

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:8

Is Christ a promoter of Sin? Absolutely not! Is Romans 7, absolutely true? Yes! Does a Believer rejoice in Sin? No! Do Believers Sin because they are enticed to and want to? Yes! Does God convict and correct the Believer? Yes! Is it okay to strap Carnal Requirements to Salvation past Belief? Not only no, but it is Blasphemy!

Do Believers Sin in the Flesh until death, though they are saved? Yes! It's a fact, not a matter of semantics, and an important issue, because Believers are bound to honesty, above all mankind!

Do you disagree with this?
You do not understand sin or the new birth.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Allow me to ask... Are you without sin... not in the forgiven sense, but in the literal daily sense?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allow me to ask... Are you without sin... not in the forgiven sense, but in the literal daily sense?
The flesh is wicked beyond belief but we can stop its sinful thoughts and imaginations while they are temptation. This by walking in the Spirit. So it's not a matter of when we sin, it's more like John says "if" we sin, we can repent and be forgiven.

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

What else saved the first born son's of Israel, within Egypt?
Nothing

What saved them?
Getting on The Ark!

What else saved them?
Nothing!

How could Noah and his family get on the ark if Noah had not been obedient to God's will in working to build the ark? Hebrews 11:7 Noah "... prepared an ark to the saving of his house.."

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How could Noah and his family get on the ark if Noah had not been obedient to God's will in working to build the ark? Hebrews 11:7 Noah "... prepared an ark to the saving of his house.."

I think Genesis 7:1 supports your position:

Then the Lord said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and all your household, for I have seen that you are righteous before me in this generation.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I think Genesis 7:1 supports your position:

Noah is a type... several times over...

Noah builds an Ark... he has 7 companions

Is this so difficult?

If you think you are the “Ark Builder”... you may need to rethink things.

We are the Ark getter on-ers... Not the “Ark” Builder

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think scripture has much more to say on the matter.

Me thinks some people want to tie up burdens to salvation that aren’t there.

Also, the Holy Spirit does the work of Sanctification... which is what you are discussing.

However... and I mean this sincerely... I fail daily. I am a forgiven sinner.

In Jesus (as in hidden in Christ)... I could claim perfection...

However, (In Carnal honesty)... I will never lie to my fellow man that I still have daily struggles.

Not ONE bit of good things that come out of my life is my doing. I pray my left hand knows not what my right hand does for God... lest I stumble and boast in my wicked flesh.

As for the idea that we, as Christians, remain carnally Victorious in overcoming temptation... I could be a billionaire... if I could collect $10.00 from every Person that says they don’t fail in the flesh. Yup, It’s a fact.

These are bodies of death. This old tent is dilapidated.

I won’t be sin free till this wicked flesh is shed.

So what do I do? What do I have to reassure me that I’m saved... in the mean time, despite so many people redefining God’s word and what born again means in the here and now...

Titus 3:5

Glory to Glory and Born Again Of the Promise are two separate matters!

One is Abraham waiting for God to fulfill Isaac while the other is Abraham making Ismael.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me thinks some people want to tie up burdens to salvation that aren’t there.

Also, the Holy Spirit does the work of Sanctification... which is what you are discussing.

However... and I mean this sincerely... I fail daily. I am a forgiven sinner.

In Jesus (as in hidden in Christ)... I could claim perfection...

However, (In Carnal honesty)... I will never lie to my fellow man that I still have daily struggles.

Not ONE bit of good things that come out of my life is my doing. I pray my left hand knows not what my right hand does for God... lest I stumble and boast in my wicked flesh.

As for the idea that we, as Christians, remain carnally Victorious in overcoming temptation... I could be a billionaire... if I could collect $10.00 from every Person that says they don’t fail in the flesh. Yup, It’s a fact.

These are bodies of death. This old tent is dilapidated.

I won’t be sin free till this wicked flesh is shed.

So what do I do? What do I have to reassure me that I’m saved... in the mean time, despite so many people redefining God’s word and what born again means in the here and now...

Titus 3:5

Glory to Glory and Born Again Of the Promise are two separate matters!

One is Abraham waiting for God to fulfill Isaac while the other is Abraham making Ismael.
You need to revamp your thinking and walk in the Spirit (if you are born again). It's not "when we sin" but "if we sin".

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You need to revamp your thinking and walk in the Spirit (if you are born again). It's not "when we sin" but "if we sin".

Brother... I walk by Faith, not site.

One must see to speak as you speak.

If we sin? I say again... I still fail and sin. Only by Jesus am I Saved.

Our battles aren’t of flesh and blood.

It is wise when one stopS looking with their Carnal eyes and starts listening with the spiritual heart, Jesus gives them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother... I walk by Faith, not site.

One must see to speak as you speak.

If we sin? I say again... I still fail and sin. Only by Jesus am I Saved.

Our battles aren’t of flesh and blood.

It is wise when one stopS looking with their Carnal eyes and starts listening with the spiritual heart, Jesus gives them.
You are missing the entire message of salvation in the New Covenant. Jesus saves us from our sins, not in our sins.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You are missing the entire message of salvation in the New Covenant. Jesus saves us from our sins, not in our sins.

No, sometimes people are missing that Jesus died for us “while we were yet sinners”.

Romans 7?

Was Paul missing the point?

• Agree
Upvote 0