Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I posted about the idea of adding another forum in another group, and I was encouraged to bring up the discussion here---so that's what I'm doing.

I'm advocating for the addition of an Apostolic (and or Jesus' Name) forum to the congregational fellowship part of Christian Forums. Jesus' Name adherents are Christians that hold to the Oneness viewpoint of the Godhead. As a Oneness believer myself, I have been frequently singled out for being "unorthodox" or "non-Christian" because I don't see the Trinitarian viewpoint of the Godhead as factual.

I don't see how Apostolics can be so eagerly targeted and that our right to post in some forums can be questioned, when atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Muslims, and other faiths with no Christian origins can post here without any hesitation. I'm not seeing this as fair in all honesty. Not at all to be perfectly clear. How can these definite "non-Christians" be allowed to post in the forums (and seemingly anywhere) without problem? More and more "mainstream" Christians are becoming more open and familiar with the Oneness doctrine, and they have settled that we are too fundamental to be ousted like they have done with the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and other faiths.

I'm hoping this will encourage the addition of an Apostolic forum here on Christian Forums, and under the congregational header where it belongs.

Some Quick Facts About Apostolics:
  • The Bible, which is the Word of God, is infallible and should be used for the authority of our salvation and Christian living. (II Timothy 3:15-17)
  • There is only one God, who revealed himself as the Father, as his son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Ghost. Jesus is God himself manifested in human flesh. He is both God and man. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16)
  • All of us have sinned and therefore need salvation. Salvation comes by grace through faith based on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ's life. (Romans 3:23-25; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
  • The saving Gospel is the good news that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose again. We obey the Gospel (II Thessalonians 1:8; I Peter 4:17) by repenting of our sins (death to sin), being baptized by full immersion in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins (burial), and seek the eventual infilling of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (resurrection). (I Corinthians 15:1-4; Acts 2:4; 37-39; Romans 6:3-4)
  • As Christians, we are commanded to love God and others. We should live a holy life inwardly and outwardly, and worship the one God found in Jesus Christ joyfully. The supernatural charismatic gifts of the Spirit, such as tongues, prophecy, and healing, are for the Church today. (Mark 12:38-31; II Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 12:14; I Corinthians 12:8-10)
  • Jesus Christ is coming again to catch away His church. In the end will be the final resurrection and the final judgment. The righteous will inherit eternal life (Heaven), and the unrighteous will be sent to eternal death (Hell). (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:11-15)
I hope each of you Christian Forums' staff moderators think open-mindedly about the addition of an Apostolic Pentecostal forum here.

In Jesus' Name,
Dalton

Last edited:

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've seen other Apostolic people posting to CF in assorted discussions, so there might well be enough of you to sustain an Apostolic forum.

I suppose it could be a subforum of Controversial Christian Theology, if the CF moderators are concerned about the Oneness issue. Otherwise, it seems that it could go in Faith Groups or Christian Communities.

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

Acts 2:38 Salvation
May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I've seen other Apostolic people posting to CF in assorted discussions, so there might well be enough of you to sustain an Apostolic forum.

I suppose it could be a subforum of Controversial Christian Theology, if the CF moderators are concerned about the Oneness issue. Otherwise, it seems that it could go in Faith Groups or Christian Communities.
I don't think many of the moderators are very concerned with the Oneness viewpoint. I could very well be wrong, however. I know there are other Apostolics here on CF, and I'm sure hoping that the moderators will find in their hearts to make an Apostolic Pentecostal forum in the Faith Groups or Christian Communities. God bless!

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Contraversial Christianity subforum because of an objection to the use of 3 persons of the trinity rather than 3 offices of the one God? Contraversial to the wording of the Nicene Code does not make for contraversial Christianity.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Contraversial Christianity subforum because of an objection to the use of 3 persons of the trinity rather than 3 offices of the one God? Contraversial to the wording of the Nicene Code does not make for contraversial Christianity.
It sounded like Spirit of Pentecost had been criticized by CF moderators in the past for expressing a Oneness viewpoint. If so, I was suggesting that the Apostolic forum might be permitted under the heading of Controversial Christian Theology, because there's more latitude in that forum for what can be discussed.

I may have misunderstood the situation. If so -- if the CF moderators do not object to Oneness theology -- then it could join the list of Christian Communities.

I'm just looking for a way that Apostolic Christians can have a discussion forum on CF, given the CF guidelines. I've seen enough Apostolic Christians posting to CF that I'd like them to have a home forum.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounded like Spirit of Pentecost had been criticized by CF moderators in the past for expressing a Oneness viewpoint. If so, I was suggesting that the Apostolic forum might be permitted under the heading of Controversial Christian Theology, because there's more latitude in that forum for what can be discussed.

I may have misunderstood the situation. If so -- if the CF moderators do not object to Oneness theology -- then it could join the list of Christian Communities.

I'm just looking for a way that Apostolic Christians can have a discussion forum on CF, given the CF guidelines. I've seen enough Apostolic Christians posting to CF that I'd like them to have a home forum.
I just don't consider being condemned to a forum outside of Christianity a solution. I have been "accused" of Oneness for a belief before and was pointed to the contraversial forum because of it. I was greatly insulted by the suggestion. It's not a forum that I would be considering a membership in but I know that orthodox isn't all that Christianity agrees on either.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I just don't consider being condemned to a forum outside of Christianity a solution. I have been "accused" of Oneness for a belief before and was pointed to the contraversial forum because of it. I was greatly insulted by the suggestion. It's not a forum that I would be considering a membership in but I know that orthodox isn't all that Christianity agrees on either.
I can see your point. I've also seen, now that I've looked more closely, that the Controversial Christian Theology forum is intended for debate, which isn't what Spirit of Pentecost has in mind. I hope an Apostolic home forum can be created as one of the Christian Communities.

Upvote 0

Spirit of Pentecost

Acts 2:38 Salvation
May 6, 2016
Georgia
✟39,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I can see your point. I've also seen, now that I've looked more closely, that the Controversial Christian Theology forum is intended for debate, which isn't what Spirit of Pentecost has in mind. I hope an Apostolic home forum can be created as one of the Christian Communities.
You are right. I'm not wanting a forum where people can debate Oneness. I'm wanting a "home forum," as it's been called, for Oneness Apostolics who share major doctrinal points. I'm holding out strong hope for an Apostolic Pentecostal forum's emergence in Christian Communities.

Some of the moderators haven't been nice about it, while others (after they allowed me to explain my views) found no problem in what I had said and became sympathetic to standpoint.

But no, I don't know if the Controversial Christian Theology is the best way to go here. I fear that would open the door for strong Jesus' Name naysayers to purposely attack our Oneness viewpoint. I don't want that, and I'm sure I speak for other Apostolics in saying that don't want it, either.

I don't think there will be a problem about the Oneness view among moderators, and I'm holding out faith for an Apostolic Pentecostal forum in Christian Communities.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0