Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad Adam Schiff wasn't "awarded" a "bottomless Pinocchio." That's the rating that had to be made for Donald Trump bc of his lies that are habitually repeated. I'm glad the fact-checker called out Pompeo for his blatant deception. And I'm glad that Schiff acknowledged that he could have used more clarity in his responses.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad Adam Schiff wasn't "awarded" a "bottomless Pinocchio." That's the rating that had to be made for Donald Trump bc of his lies that are habitually repeated. I'm glad the fact-checker called out Pompeo for his blatant deception. And I'm glad that Schiff acknowledged that he could have used more clarity in his responses.

He flat out lied

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, what is this about?
Schiff: “In the absence of the actions, and I want to thank the inspector general, in the absence of his actions in coming to our committee, we might not have even known there was a whistleblower complaint alleging an urgent concern.”
The committee did know there was a whistleblower complaint, but it was the IG who labeled it "urgent" and "credible".

He probably shouldn't have said "we" when he stated that, "We have not spoken directly with the whistleblower." He, himself, had not, but a committee staff member had.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of lies, is this on the same level as when Donald claimed about Schiff, that he had committed "treason" and "a crime"? Was he this on the same level as when Donald stated, "But he went up to the microphone and he read a statement from the president of the United States as if I were on the call, because what happened is when he looked at the sheet — which was an exact transcript of my call, done by very talented people that do this — exact, word for word, he said, ‘Wow, he didn’t do anything wrong.’ "?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
He flat out lied

This is from the source you used:
A House Intelligence Committee spokesperson told the Post that Schiff's answer to Stein "should have been more carefully phrased."

“Regarding Chairman Schiff’s comments on ‘Morning Joe,’ in the context, he intended to answer the question of whether the Committee had heard testimony from the whistleblower, which they had not,” the spokesperson said. “As he said in his answer, the whistleblower was then awaiting instructions from the Acting [Director of National Intelligence] as to how the whistleblower could contact the Committee. Nonetheless he acknowledges that his statement should have been more carefully phrased to make that distinction clear.”

But I mean sure it's like you really want to make the effort to point out the molehill of a deception standing next to Donald Trump's Mt Ranier-sized lies.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
NYT gives him four Pinocchios

Sigh.

The failing NYT does not give out Pinocchios.

Pinocchios are given out by Amazon liberal billionaire Bezos-owned Washington Post.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The committee did know there was a whistleblower complaint, but it was the IG who labeled it "urgent" and "credible".

And it was Adam Schiff, committee head who knew about the complaint and whose staff gave guidance to the whistle blower.

Then he lied on national tv saying he didn’t know.

So your quote is an example of another lie.
Good job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sigh.

The failing NYT does not give out Pinocchios.

Pinocchios are given out by Amazon liberal billionaire Bezos-owned Washington Post.
So, the OP is a lie, eh?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He flat out lied
It is weird ... I can't seem to find all of the posts created about statements from Donald rated as outright lies. Did the Times just start rating politicians' truthfulness in the past week or so?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And it was Adam Schiff, committee head who knew about the complaint and whose staff gave guidance to the whistle blower.

Then he lied on national tv saying he didn’t know.

So your quote is an example of another lie.
Good job.
Weird how many threads there are pointing out minor issues with the people involved with the investigation versus well-researched fact based explanations of why Donald is innocent of the things the evidence shows he did.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's quite a leap to make there - the committee was contacted but not filled in on the details, but they knew the whistleblower was blowing the whistle. So of course, as time went on and no complaint was forwarded as expected, they looked in to it.

But to go from there to Schiff help write it? That's a Donald bald-faced lie.

Upvote 0