Actually, those who are raptured will be gathered up and burned.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
When Christ was teaching his disciples about his return and the judgement of the righteous and the wicked, this is what he said about those taken away:

Matthew 13:36-43

the ones gathered out(taken away) out of his kingdom are thrown into the fire, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

the righteous are left behind.

there is no secret rapture - that is a false doctrine.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

King James Version

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

You're right. There is no "secret" Rapture.

As you can see in the scripture above, it's well known and no secret. The "dead in Christ" will rise first... Do you think that "the dead in Christ" are going to burn?

In Christ... is a term used for believers.

Then "we" who remain... again believers...will be caught up..

Sounds to me like all the believers.. those who predeceased us and those who remain alive... will be caught up... Doesn't sound like they are remaining anywhere... THey are all caught up to meet in the clouds...

So, we have all those dead believers... all the believers who are still alive... caught up to the clouds..

This all sounds like a "rapture" to me...

No secret..

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because there is major deception... the enemy has people thinking they WANT to be taken away.

the wicked are taken away, not the righteous. The righteous will live on the new earth - they aren’t “going to heaven”.

The wicked will finally be removed so God can dwell on the earth with his children who were left behind after judgement day.
In Matthew 24 two different greek words are used for "taken"

Matthew 24:38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 40Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken ( paralambanó )and one left. 41Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left.

Paralambano is used by Jesus in John 141“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;a believe also in me. 2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?b 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take (paralambano) you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4And you know the way to where I am going.”

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 13

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’

Why do people think being raptured is a good thing?

I have neither the time or patience to read all the posts so if I repeat what someone else has already said it's my bad.

I have taken the parable and broken it down for explanation purposes.

Matt 13:24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; NKJV

Matt 13:37 He answered and said to them: "He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. NKJV

First when did God plant good seed in the world ( His field)? That happened in the garden of Eden. God looked over His creation and it was very good.

Second when did the wicked one plant tares?

Gen 3:6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings. NKJV

In the garden sometime after God pronounced it was all good. Since that time the world has been Satan's domain.

Third when is the reaping?

Matt 13:39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, NKJV

Jesus said at the end of the age the angels will gather out of His kingdom. So when does the world become God's kingdom again?

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" NKJV

At the seventh trumpet the world becomes God's kingdom again. The angel's can reap from the world.

Recap: God sowed in the garden of Eden and soon afterward the world became Satan's domain. At the 7th trumpet the world again becomes God's field and the reaping can begin.

Now maybe a more accurate picture can be seen of what happens to both the tares and wheat.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The word "air" you refer to, is a mistranslation, the word is ruach which means spirit

ruach does not appear in that verse, mainly because it is Hebrew and the verse in question was written in Greek. This is the word used:

G109
ἀήρ
aēr
ah-ayr'
From ἄημι aēmi (to breathe unconsciously, that is, respire; by analogy to blow); “air” (as naturally circumambient): - air. Compare G5594.
Total KJV occurrences: 7

G109
ἀήρ
aēr
Thayer Definition:
1) the air, particularly the lower and denser air as distinguished from the higher and rarer air
2) the atmospheric region
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from aemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire; by analogy, to blow)
Citing in TDNT: 1:165, 25

It is air, correctly translated.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Matt13.30
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the tares FIRST and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.

Those taken FIRST in the "rapture" are burned...

That isn't the rapture. That tare harvest happens at the Great White Throne Judgement (GWTJ), which is over a thousand years after the rapture took place. The rapture/harpazo are for the saints who survived the Great Tribulation. They are rewarded with immortality not a firery death.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So you think flesh bodies are caught up into the atmosphere, at the last trump, when Christ returns, to meet with the dead in christ?

The flesh bodies are changed to immortal but, yes, that's what the bible tells us.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Matt13.30
Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the tares FIRST and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.

Those taken FIRST in the "rapture" are burned... one shall be taken, the other left behind... those taken are reaped by the angels to be bound and burned in the lake of fire.
So, there will be zero living people, who are beleivers, at the second coming of Christ.

Nobody is going to survive going seven years without the mark, without food, without work, without the ability to travel, buy, sell... meanwhile the entire population of the world searching for you to bring you in to be beheaded.

Go ahead and beleive that.

IMO, we were told to comfort each other with these words.... Your story... not too comforting.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

King James Version

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
5594 psýxō (originally, "to breathe out," cf. J. Thayer) – properly, "to blow, refresh with cool air" (Zod, Dict); (figuratively) "to breathe cool by blowing, to grow cold, 'spiritual energy blighted or chilled by a malign or poisonous wind' " (M. Vincent), used only in Mt 24:12.

12Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days... the ones who make it thru the ttibulation are blessed... but u say being raptured out from the trib is blessed?

Yes.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Knowledge of the rapture is COMFORTING.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 13

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” ’

Why do people think being raptured is a good thing?

"Tares" are weeds to be left among the wheat. They are to be separated out after harvest and never make it into the barn, where the harvest is saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you think flesh bodies are caught up into the atmosphere, at the last trump, when Christ returns, to meet with the dead in christ? And they float around in the atmosphere awaiting what? They are caught up in the multitudes of those risen and meet w Christ in the spirit body... which is logical in our Fathers Logos... flesh bodies flying into air to meet Christ and the risen spirit bodies of dead christians... or meeting Christ in a spirit body with the multitude of spirits who died in Christ? Last trump, so after tribulation. If after trib, what are u being raptured from? Heaven comes to earth to be everlasting.

They would be in glorified bodies asending, the same way Jesus asended in his glorified body.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Knowledge of the rapture is COMFORTING.

Hi, I would be interested in your opinion on the verse below.

Revelation 14:4
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Just as an FYI I hold a Pre-Wrath position on the first Ressurection. But I am almost convinced that a rapture style Firstfruits taking of well-performing believers will occur based on this verse and those verses in Revelation that pertain to this event.

Only those counted worthy to escape and most to be left behind.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Just as an FYI I hold a Pre-Wrath position on the first Ressurection. But I am almost convinced that a rapture style Firstfruits taking of well-performing believers will occur based on this verse and those verses in Revelation that pertain to this event.

Are you asking me if the 144k are raptured to be with Christ in that passage? It all depends on if a person thinks the 144k die, or of they survive the Great Tribulation. If the died, then they are part of the first resurrection. If they survived, they were changed and raptured. I side with that last one because I think the seal of God in them keeps them alive and unable to be deceived.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Are you asking me if the 144k are raptured to be with Christ in that passage? It all depends on if a person thinks the 144k die, or of they survive the Great Tribulation. If the died, then they are part of the first resurrection. If they survived, they were changed and raptured. I side with that last one because I think the seal of God in them keeps them alive and unable to be deceived.

Then you believe in a post Trib Rapture?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

The 144K are the only survivors of the tribulation.

They will go on to be the inhabitants of the earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ while Satan is bound.

This is the time that follows the tribulation and pre white throne judgement.

This is where Christ demonstrates His pure and righteous reign and how the earth could be. This is without Satan being able to tempt. However, he is released near the end for a short time and some still follow him.. unbelievable... but true.

After 1000 years of perfectly run civilization... people will still be deceived and follow Satan when tempted.

This shows mans sinful nature and the extreme ability of Satan to deceive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The 144K are the only survivors of the tribulation.

They will go on to be the inhabitants of the earth during the 1000 year reign of Christ while Satan is bound.

I disagree. There will be others who survive.

Upvote 0

Servant78

Mar 4, 2022
Bali
✟31,644.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did study the other references in the book of Matthew.

The book of Matthew seems to be discussing an event where the evil will be taken away first, and then the good ones will be gathered.

If there is another event speaking of something else, Matthew cannot be used to support it.

You are right. Thank you for stating this very Biblical but very contrarian view. Most of the folks who want to be raptured think it's a good thing though.

Luke 3:17 says the wheat shall be gathered first then the chaff burnt.

Noah and Lot was saved first then destruction killed the chaff.

The same thing at the end of time.

Because there is major deception... the enemy has people thinking they WANT to be taken away.

the wicked are taken away, not the righteous. The righteous will live on the new earth - they aren’t “going to heaven”.

The wicked will finally be removed so God can dwell on the earth with his children who were left behind after judgement day.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 3:17 says the wheat shall be gathered first then the chaff burnt.

Noah and Lot was saved first then destruction killed the chaff.

The same thing at the end of time.

One separates the wheat from the chaff. How does that work in real life? Apparently, being a priest does not qualify one as wheat.

Isaiah 24

1 See, the Lord is going to lay waste the earth
and devastate it;
he will ruin its face
and scatter its inhabitants—
2 it will be the same
for priest as for people,

for the master as for his servant,
for the mistress as for her servant,
for seller as for buyer,
for borrower as for lender,
for debtor as for creditor.
3 The earth will be completely laid waste
and totally plundered.

So the priest gets burned along with everybody else.

Who is wheat?

Noah had to take shelter before the destruction. Lot had to flee before the destruction. Wheat is one who gets out of the way before the destruction. Then the destruction comes.

The wheat is still not gathered into the barn because there are multiple harvests - the pit. Then there is the whole fake Jesus, mark of the beast thing - the snare. These are mentioned in Isaiah 24:17-18.

Upvote 0