Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our Messiah is the Jewish Messiah and as our Lord promised, He came for His chosen people.

The Jewish people who actually believed He is Messiah started a new religion. Of course the prophets and patriarchs are part of our history.

I love that all the apostles are Jews. It shows that our Lord kept His Old Testament promise.

BOTH covenants include the LAW of Moses.

Hence Christ's defense of what "Moses said" in Mark 7:6-13

===================================================

Being saved by grace means being saved via the "ONE Gospel" of Gal 1:6-9 -- and that means the New Covenant where sins are forgiven and the heart is changed.

Please explain the definition for the term "My Law" as referenced by Jeremiah in the NEW Covenant - Jer 31:31-33

"This IS the New Covenant I will make.... I will write My LAW on their mind and heart"

Some have attempted to spin-doctor the text of Jer 31:31-33 away from its obvious meaning -- and yet we have these irrefutable facts.

1. No text says "not the LAW that I gave at Sinai"
2. No text says that Jeremiah did not know the TEN Commandments were in the LAW of God
3. No scholars claim that the LAW of God known to Jeremiah did not include God's Ten Commandments

Answer to the question above is for certain that: Jeremiah and Paul were in agreement on that point according to Acts 24

Acts 24
14But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets

The moral law of God can be found in what Moses wrote -- so obvious that even BOTH sides of the Bible-Sabbath vs Sunday debate agree that all TEN of God's TEN commandments are included in the moral LAW of God (not ceremonial or civil law) written on the heart.

A few examples of the Law of Moses - to see just why both sides admit that it is written on the heart

Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart"
Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself"
Ex 20:7 "Do not take God's name in vain"
Ex 20:12 "Honor your parents"

According to the Gospel teaching of Christ - it is a mistake to preach against the LAW of Moses according to Christ in Mark 7:6-12

Mark 7
6 And He said to them, “Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:
‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”
9 He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’; 11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

"Moses said" = "Commandment of God" = "Word of God"

Matt 5
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Acts 24
14But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
3. No scholars claim that the LAW of God known to Jeremiah did not include God's Ten Commandments

Are there actually people who believe that they are Yahweh's children; but don't have to listen to Yahweh's ten words?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul said his group was called "The Way"
Acts 24:5
“We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

• Agree
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I think this one proves my point. They could have assigned the disciples an existing label, but since none fit. Christian was created.
I think the documents, Biblical and teh ECF, show that they accepted many labels. But over time, most were lost: only Catholic and Christian hung on.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Now this verse Acts 9:2 I’m surprised you would use because this is not even Paul (after conversion), but Saul the Pharisee looking for proof to persecute.

So I don’t see how this label would I’m anyway apply to Paul, who is still Saul preconversion.

So Paul was not of this
Sect or label either.
This is Luke writing, who was definitely part of the Body of Believers.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
BOTH covenants include the LAW of Moses.
The Law of Moses is WAY more than 10 commandments. Do you still want to say that the New Covenant includes the Law of Moses? Keeping kosher? Avoiding sex with a menstruating woman? Not having clothing that is both linen and wool like so many suits are? Not lighting stoves on the seventh day?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Acts 24:5
“We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect
This is an accusation made against Paul
that was false.

You are choosing key verses out of context now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums