Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was looking at the 10 kings w/o a kingdom in Revelation 17 and something just stuck out a me.
I then remembered the Apostles asking Jesus about restoring the kingdom of Israel to them.

The northern house/kingdom/nation of Israel was divorced by God and
that left Judah, Benjamin and the priestly tribe of Levi, forming the southern house/nation/kingdom of Judah.
Before I go any further, would anyone like to discuss this view of the 10 kings being 10 tribes of Israel [as far fetched as it may be]?

Acts 1:
6 Then they gathered around Him and asked Him, “Lord! are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
7 Jesus replied, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.

Revelation 17:12
And the ten horns which you perceived are ten Kings, who any a Kingdom not as yet received,
but authority as Kings one hour they are obtaining with the beast,

Jeremiah 3:8
She saw that for all the adulteries of that faithless one, Israel, I had sent her away with a decree of divorce.
Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she too went and played the harlot/harlot.

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's go to Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 37:22
“and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel;
and one King shall be King over them all;

they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are 2 beasts in Revelation...1 out of the sea and 1 out of the land.

I believe the 1 out of the sea could be representing the non Jewish Israelites/gentiles
and the one out of the land is symbolizing the nation of Judah, since a "Lamb" is mentioned. The "Lamb of God" came from the Tribe of Judah.

Revelation 13:11
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth,
and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.

Revelation 5:5
But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David,
has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose[fn] its seven seals.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here is 1 instance where Israel and Judah came to fight against each other:

1Kings 12:
20 And it came to pass, when all Israel heard that Jeroboam was come again, that they sent and called him unto the congregation, and made him king over all Israel: there was none that followed the house of David, but the tribe of Judah only.

21 And when Rehoboam was come to Jerusalem, he assembled all the house of Judah, with the tribe of Benjamin, an hundred and fourscore thousand chosen men, which were warriors, to fight against the house of Israel, to bring the kingdom again to Rehoboam the son of Solomon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Given that Israel, Judah, and the ancient nations and kingdoms are no longer genetically distinguishable; and that Christ is the recipient of all of the promises (2 Corinthians 1:20) and the Heir of all things (Hebrews 1:1,2); would the fulfillments of the foregoing now be realized in Christ?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Given that Israel, Judah, and the ancient nations and kingdoms are no longer genetically distinguishable; and that Christ is the recipient of all of the promises (2 Corinthians 1:20) and the Heir of all things (Hebrews 1:1,2); would the fulfillments of the foregoing now be realized in Christ?
I would think that is correct.
I really feel I have to look at Revelation as "covenantle", OC vs NC, and thus the only way I can reconcile Israel and Judah being 1 nation again is thru the cross of Christ, the Lion of the tribe of Judah.

YLT)
Zephaniah 3:
14 Cry aloud, O daughter of Zion, shout, O Israel, Rejoice and exult with the whole heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15 Jehovah hath turned aside thy judgments, He hath faced thine enemy, The king of Israel, Jehovah, [is] in thy midst, thou seest evil no more.

John 12:13
They got the branches of the palms, and came out meeting to Him, and clamored:
Hosanna, being blessed the one coming in name of Lord, the King of the Israel

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
12 tribes are mentioned in Revelation.....[Dan and half tribe of Ephraim are missing.]
I also found this passage interesting:

(I Kings 11:35-39)
I will take the kingdom out of his son's hand and give it to you—ten tribes. And to his son I will give one tribe, that My servant David may always have a lamp before Me in Jerusalem. . . . So I will take you, and you shall reign over all your heart desires, and you shall be king over Israel.
Then it shall be, if you heed all that I command you, walk in My ways, and do what is right in My sight, to keep My statutes and My commandments, as My servant David did, then I will be with you and build for you an enduring house, as I built for David, and will give Israel to you. And I will afflict the descendants of David because of this, but not forever.

Revelation 17:
13 These one mind are having, and the power and authority of them to the beast they are giving.
16 And the ten horns which you perceived, and the wild beast, these shall be hating the prostitute, and having been desolated, they shall be making her, and naked. And the fleshes of her they shall be eating, and her they shall be burning down in fire.
17 For God gives into the hearts of them to do the mind of Him, and to do/make one mind,
and to give the Kingdom of them to the wild-beast until shall be being finished the Words of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
These are having one mind:

Revelation 17:
13 These one mind are having, and the power and authority of them to the beast they are giving.
16 And the ten horns which you perceived, and the wild beast, these shall be hating the prostitute, and having been desolated, they shall be making her, and naked. And the fleshes of her they shall be eating, and her they shall be burning down in fire.
17 For God gives into the hearts of them to do the mind of Him, and to do/make one mind,
and to give the Kingdom of them to the beast until shall be being finished the Words of God.

The phrase "one mind" is used only 1 time in the OT according to NKJV concordance:

1Chronocles: 12:38
All these men of war, who could keep ranks, came to Hebron with a loyal heart, to make David king over all Israel;
and all the rest of Israel were of one mind to make David king.

Used in 5 verses of the Epistles and 2 times in Revelation.

Romans 15:6
that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;[fn]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Israel and Judah were often called "harlots"............
This appears to be the divorced/put-away "house of Israel" against the "house of Judah", which sometimes occurred in the OT. Just MHO................

Revelation 17:
16 And the ten horns which you perceived, and the wild beast, these shall be hating the Harlot, and having been desolated, they shall be making her, and naked.....

Israel is depicted as an "adulterer" while Judah a "harlot"

Jeremiah 3:8
“Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce;
yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.
Hosea 4:15
Though a harlot thou art, O Israel, Let not Judah become guilty, And come not ye in to Gilgal, nor go up to Beth-Aven, Nor swear ye, Jehovah liveth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are 2 beasts in Revelation...1 out of the sea and 1 out of the land.

I believe the 1 out of the sea could be representing the non Jewish Israelites/gentiles
and the one out of the land is symbolizing the nation of Judah, since a "Lamb" is mentioned. The "Lamb of God" came from the Tribe of Judah.

Revelation 13:11
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth,
and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.

Revelation 5:5
But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold! the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David,
has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose[fn] its seven seals.”

Were their many non Jewish Israelites involved in the Jewish Roman war, especially during the civil wars where many civilians were slaughtered? If the beast from the sea is Israelites mixed with gentiles (Babylon, Persian, Greece, and rome) then the following makes more sense:

Matthew 21:43-44 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”

Daniel 2:44 In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

For it was not rome that was crushed by the stone in 70AD, but unbelieving israel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Were their many non Jewish Israelites involved in the Jewish Roman war, especially during the civil wars where many civilians were slaughtered?
If the beast from the sea is Israelites mixed with gentiles (Babylon, Persian, Greece, and rome) then the following makes more sense:

Matthew 21:43-44 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”

Daniel 2:44 In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

For it was not rome that was crushed by the stone in 70AD, but unbelieving israel
Good post and I agree..........

Last edited:
Upvote 0