the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was mainly zoomed in, not 'doctored' to exaggerate Acosta's arm touching the intern's arm when he refused to give up the microphone.
There's a 1 or 2 frame stall that doesn't even make it look worse than it was.
The zoomed in version may have come from Infowars, but anyone could have done it.

See posts below.

Here's an analyses of this and other recent fake news.

SORRY, LINK DELETED DUE TO SOME BAD WORDS.
PM me for the link.
Looking for an alternative video now..

Enjoy the show.

Last edited:

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was only zoomed in, not 'doctored' to exaggerate Acosta's arm touching the intern's arm when he refused to give up the microphone.
The zoomed in version may have come from Infowars, but anyone could have done it.

PM me for the link.

Enjoy the show.

It’s a bit daft, frames were obviously removed from the vid the WH tweeted, making the move seem more aggressive

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s a bit daft, frames were obviously removed from the vid the WH tweeted, making the move seem more aggressive
Well, aparently not.
But if you have a source for us, that would help.

• Agree
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I second this. That would be a distortion, and Tom, you need to provide proof of your allegation because of that.

There’s one on another thread here somewhere. Hold on, I’ll take a look.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It was only zoomed in, not 'doctored' to exaggerate Acosta's arm touching the intern's arm when he refused to give up the microphone.

PM me for the link.

Enjoy the show.

Nope, the speed was manipulated to exaggerate the contact.

Has Sanders apologized for this yet?

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here you go:
Thanks for that :) .. yep, looks pretty deliberate, that's for sure! It is interesting what difference three frames makes too, so those specific frames have to be chosen with some skill, knowing the impact it has on the viewer (iow, it doesn't appear to be a simple codec malfunction).

So, for Pres. Trump to keep arguing that it has not been distorted, cannot hold up. He has to admit that it has happened, and by my reading of him, it appears to have happened without his knowledge.

The psychological interest I have in assessing the response of Pres. Trump, given the light of that fact, is how he was inclined to hear the complaint put to him and to dismiss it without an investigation, committing his support to his staff. What that shows is that he is more trusting of his staff than of the ones that brought the complaint to him. It's interesting, that's all, to see how it doesn't need to have been his response at the time - it would have been no less noble to say "Oh, do you think so? I'll get someone to look into it then".

What's most interesting to note of this, if we accept that such things cannot be going on, is that we have established a standard of strictness expected of reporters and begun a discussion about how far that standard can be applied before it is no longer called distortion. To freeze three frames suddenly becomes a high standard compared to reporters who might cut three seconds off the end of a conversation, for instance.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This was the first time i saw the 'doctored' version.
I mised that topic apparently, so thanks Tom.

But i'm not even sure if this was in my OP video.
Either way, it doesn't even look more dramatical than the original video
The analysis shows the video is stuck in a frame for 1 or 2 more frames.
Acosta's arm movement was not sped up like many claimed.
In fact, the effect (to me) is that it is slowed down because of that pause.

Self proclaimed victim Acosta claimed he didn't touch her at all, and this has been repeated by Kimmel and the other jerk in their politicized "comedy" shows.

I doubt Sanders deliberately posted a doctored version.
There's really no need to, and of course it will come out eventually.
But frankly i doubt the difference with the original was deliberate.
Looks more like a short stall in the stream than an attempt to make things look worse, because it doesn't even look worse.

I'll change the topic title though, if possible.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was the first time i saw the 'doctored' version.
I mised that topic apparently, so thanks Tom.

But i'm not even sure if this was in my OP video.
Either way, it doesn't even look more dramatical than the original video
The analysis shows the video is stuck in a frame for 1 or 2 more frames.
Acosta's arm movement was not sped up like many claimed.
In fact, the effect (to me) is that it is slowed down because of that pause.

Self proclaimed victim Acosta claimed he didn't touch her at all, and this has been repeated by Kimmel and the other jerk in their politicized "comedy" shows.

I doubt Sanders deliberately posted a doctored version.
There's really no need to, and of course it will come out eventually.
But frankly i doubt the difference with the original was deliberate.
Looks more like a short stall in the stream than an attempt to make things look worse, because it doesn't even look worse.

I'll change the topic title though, if possible.

Acosta said that he didn’t ‘lay hands on her’, as accused, which is technically true. He pushed her arm down with his arm. As the guys says taking frames out makes the vid faster and jerkier - it skips through less frames in the same amount of time, making the arm movement seem faster and so more aggressive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acosta said that he didn’t ‘lay hands on her’, as accused, which is technically true. He pushed her arm down with his arm.
...so he layed his hand or forearm on her arm...
As the guys says taking frames out makes the vid faster and jerkier - it skips through less frames in the same amount of time, making the arm movement seem faster and so more aggressive.
No frames were taken out.
It stalled on 1 frame.
That's a DELAY, not an acceleration.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if 'doctored' is the right word but it was certainly an edited version of the full video.
Yes it was an edit.
It was zoomed in.
It seems it pauses for a few frames and lags behind from there, compared to the original.
But it's also choppier. Less fps.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for that :) .. yep, looks pretty deliberate, that's for sure!
Nah, i don't think it looks deliberate.
The effect of the delay (due to stalling, maybe stalling stream?) doesn't even make it look worse.
Why would you doctor a video, risk being found out, and then not even add the effect of speeding up the arm movement?
I mean, i assume we have watched the same analysis, right?
It is interesting what difference three frames makes too, so those specific frames have to be chosen with some skill, knowing the impact it has on the viewer (iow, it doesn't appear to be a simple codec malfunction).
Just look at the bit where both versions play simultaneously on normal speed please.
Do you see a difference at all?
And what looks more dramatic?
The arm pausing (like hesitation) or the arm continuously moving (without hesitation).
S o, for Pres. Trump to keep arguing that it has not been distorted, cannot hold up.
Because the guy in the video says so?
What's a short stall like that even add to the effect?
He has to admit that it has happened, and by my reading of him, it appears to have happened without his knowledge.
Okay, assuming it WAS doctored, do you think Sanders knew this?
I think she, just like me, can't even tell the difference between both videos on normal speed.

So what if it was a stall in the stream that ended up in the edit?
What if it has to do with the conversion from many to less frames per second?
The English guy says very little about that possibility.

My conclusion:

Doctored? I highly doubt it.
No need for it, it would be a stupid risk to take, both clips show the same.

Acosta pushed away the arm of the intern because he didn't want to give back the microphone after he was told clearly and repeatedly it was the next journalist's turn.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nah, i don't think it looks deliberate.
I would like you to explain why.
The effect of the delay (due to stalling, maybe stalling stream?) doesn't even make it look worse.
I think it does.
Why would you doctor a video,
Passion
risk being found out,
Expecting to use deceit as a shield.
and then not even add the effect of speeding up the arm movement?
Time constraints/impatience.
I mean, i assume we have watched the same analysis, right?
Just look at the bit where both versions play simultaneously on normal speed please.
Do you see a difference at all?
Yes I do.
And what looks more dramatic?
The first one shows more of the lady's facial features, that in my mind I am judging her for. In the second one, it is more blurred and the call to attention is definitely focused on the microphone.
The arm pausing (like hesitation) or the arm continuously moving (without hesitation).
It depends who you would like to portray as the villain. In my opinion, Jim Acosta was being served an injustice by Pres. Trump, and I support him in this case for insisting that he should be permitted to ask his question.
Because the guy in the video says so?
No, it is because the picture has been altered - that is distortion. It does appear deliberate to me.
What's a short stall like that even add to the effect?
In terms of judging personal interaction through physical action, the character that is conveyed of the lady taking the microphone appears to have been more personally opposed by Jim than brushed aside. He more forcefully opposes her while she more insistently holds the microphone, rather than it happening instantly that she let go of it.
Okay, assuming it WAS doctored, do you think Sanders knew this?
Can you provide her words about it, that I may exercise discernment?
I think she, just like me, can't even tell the difference between both videos on normal speed.
Everyone is uniquely gifted! I have done some studies in Media Arts.
So what if it was a stall in the stream that ended up in the edit?
It would probably be classified as an "Act of God", and yet, still a distortion for the purpose of the word. But it would remove the deliberate aspect so that it could not be called "doctored" or altered "by The White House".
What if it has to do with the conversion from many to less frames per second?
The English guy says very little about that possibility.
You are right, and he is also hiding something as he is speaking about that - which appears either to be that he doesn't recognise the reason for the difference in FPS of 25/30 is due to the difference in base resonance of the US and European power systems (60hz/50hz AC).. or, it could be that he does know that but he doesn't want to distract the viewer by explaining it and his conscience is telling him that he is not telling them the fullness of the truth. Either way, his conscience is weak and it is convicting him and I saw that.

The problem with the keyframe adjustment theory is that we should expect the videos to remain in sync after the adjustment has been made (ie: the video does contain 5fps more pictures, but the events in the sequence should be happening at the same time throughout, and both videos ending at exactly the same time). Instead, we see that the videos continue to run out of sync, so that the extra frames look like they are additional frames to the sequence rather than a substitute for the framerate.

My conclusion:

Doctored? I highly doubt it.
No need for it, it would be a stupid risk to take, both clips show the same.

Acosta pushed away the arm of the intern because he didn't want to give back the microphone after he was told clearly and repeatedly it was the next journalist's turn.
Yes, he was resisting an injustice. Pres. Trump was unfair toward him, cutting him off and getting distracted by frivolous details, not permitting him to form his question. I have already assessed those events in another thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0