Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Objection!

Ace Attorney is a cult classic visual novel game series developed by Capcom for the Nintendo DS (although it can now be played through ios). Despite initially being sold in Japan only (the franchise started in 2001), the first Ace Attorney was met with instant success in US stores in 2005. A fifth Ace Attorney game is currently in development and will be released for the 3DS in Japan this year.

The storyline follows the life of Phoenix Wright, an easy going but ultimately loveable lawyer, and the many court cases he embarks on to prove the innocence of his clients. The one thing that led me to like the series so much is the excellent character development, plot settings and fabulous music score. Each court case (shown as an individual story, though some overlap) is presented in such an intriguing manner that it would literally suck the gamer into the story! The game also has quite a lot of interactivity, ranging from pointing out contradictions during cross examinations to investigating crime scenes and finding evidence. It does in many ways challenge one's mind to ''think outside the box'' in order to defend their clients.

I admit that upon buying the game I did not think that Ace Attorney would be such a fun game (especially since it is quite hard to give reviews for visual novels, since it depends on individual opinion). However after playing through the first court case (which is short compared to the others) I became more-or-less addicted to the series! I've finished all four Ace Attorney games (I haven't played the spin-offs yet though) and await the fifth!

Wonder if there are any other Ace Attorney fans out there...