Accusers are everywhere, all they cause is fear and confusion!

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have faith in God, I believe in the Trinity, I believe Jesus is God in the flesh that he died for my sins, and rose from the dead. I was baptized in the Orthodox Church. I feel perfectly safe and comfortable here, this is the only Church where I feel comfortable.

I don't know a whole lot about the other denominations, I believe God is going to preserve the Church and that he wouldn't let the Orthodox Christian denomination not be Orthodox. All this hard work the Fathers did and people just attack them. I am not the most educated when it comes to scripture or anything. I have faith and I do what I do because I have faith and love God. And of course, I want to be in the correct place, its just hard to understand with all the finger pointing. Attacks for believing in the Eucharist how do they know what the Eucharist really is? And for whatever reason why do people attack the Orthodox Church I don't understand. The Holy Spirit shouldn't lead me away from God.

After seeing a video like this I am completely confused on why with all the accusations, nothing even went through, the video made no sense to me. I prayed and I get thoughts telling me he is a liar and don't listen to people who attack the Orthodox Church.

Not only are we accused by Catholics, Protestants, and even some other random denominations do too. Not saying all but it happens.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Milos - a word of warning here

the group known as 'Most Holy Family Monastery' are not actually Catholic , within the meaning of that term. They themselves are schismatic so you can really be safe ignoring them

• Agree
Reactions: TheLostCoin
Upvote 0

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for informing me, those videos really got me confused on why they made them.

Youtube is a terrible place for information, what good can I expect coming from there or the internet in general. I am not too good when it comes to research, I better let God do the leading.

Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of Satan’s titles is “Accuser of The Bretheren”.

I don’t put a lot of stock in people who insist on doing Satan’s job for him. ;).

And yes - watch out for random stuff on YouTube. It is a great way to watch videos from people you know and trust.... But it is also full of nuts and hate filled people who want to slander and deceive you....

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

the group known as 'Most Holy Family Monastery' are not actually Catholic , within the meaning of that term. They themselves are schismatic so you can really be safe ignoring them

That correct, the MHFM group is Sedevacantist sect, not in communion with Rome.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Speaking as a Catholic, I've never heard of anything really against Orthodox Christians. Sometimes people (like myself) will disagree dogmatically, with issues like papal supremacy, but I don't know of anyone who slanders Orthodox Christians. We tend to view the Orthodox with high respect, admiring how well they stick to the original Church, even if we think their methodology is a little off.

• Friendly
Reactions: Milos
Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Church and that he wouldn't let the Orthodox Christian denomination not be Orthodo
Remember the Orthodox Church is not a denomination. That's a protestant word to explain their myriad of western cults, sects and heresies of which originated in western Europe and the Americas. The Orthodox Church is the Body of Christ.
. Attacks for believing in the Eucharist how do they know what the Eucharist really is? And for whatever reason why do people attack the Orthodox Church I don't understand.
The bibliocentric sects, cults and heresies do not have mysteries. They rarely have healings, no prophecies, no mysticism, no relics, and no miracles so out of jealousy they have to say this. Trust me, we would be jealous too if all we had was a book which we can only read in a translated English or some other later language that cant accurately translate the Greek expressions. We still study the bible in it's original language and live in the same communities of our great grandparents mentioned in the bible.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
May God forgive me if it was my actions which have caused you to look deeper into this group and watch more of their videos than the one which I recommended on another forum.

I think that that suggesting such a video on that forum came from a place of selfish innocence - I was wondering if anyone who was Catholic could explain a situation under Pope Francis's Papacy in a logical manner that this group very clearly and blatantly pointed out, because perhaps I was missing something. I try to always second-guess my logic in case I'm missing something grave or vital to my reasoning, and I concede that there are people who are much more knowledgeable and wise than me, so that question was me second-guessing my thought processes.

But regardless, it was still one of my gravest sins, and I apologize to you for it if it was me.

I got banned for doing it I due to my vitriolic responses that I gave as a response from the vitriolic responses given to me, after what was truly in my heart a question asking for some clarification, not out of any maliciousness or proselytism.

Regardless, I concede that I was fully wrong for doing it, especially in light of my responses, and I ask you and anybody else who may have found these videos from my suggestion for forgiveness.

If the above text means nothing to you, well good - but pray for me anyways.

Anyways, this group is in a very deep state of extremely clear prelest, which your soul can detect from just watching their videos, so I warn you again - stay clear of them. While occasionally they bring up some (as in very little) valid points in terms of contradictions between how the Roman Catholic Church teaches theology today and how it did Vatican 1 to 1054, a broken clock is right twice a day.

If you want proof that they are deluded, they have a video where they argue that Pope John Paul II was THE ANTICHRIST, and that anybody who venerates him is a Pagan idolater - that his canonization was the image of the beast which is worshiped, that the beast whose wound was healed refers to JP2's assassination attempt, and that the "abomination of desolation" refers to the Antichrist (JP2) being enthroned in the Vatican, and that the world is about to end soon.

They are absolutely as out there as some of the Old Believer Orthodox out there, who believe the Apocalypse is happening right now as we speak and the world will end any day now.

Stay away from them, but more importantly, keep them in your prayers. They need it gravely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Milos

Nov 10, 2016
Chicago
✟22,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Also sorry I mistook that group for being Catholic. A lot of these radical cult groups disguise themselves as being Christian, or Catholic so it can be hard to tell when you don't know about them.

I am learning to just walk in the Spirit and let the Holy Spirit take the wheel. Once I try to lean on my own understanding I get lost. Also I am learning not to pay attention to those accusers. After a couple prayers my mind was set straight on Orthodox, there is no need for me to confuse myself, The Holy Spirit has done me well when I trust.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am learning to just walk in the Spirit and let the Holy Spirit take the wheel. Once I try to lean on my own understanding I get lost.

Tell me about it. I tend to do that too much. In fact way too much.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You are being......tactful. Let me say my piece on this......

THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS, SCREAMING NUTS!!!!!

• Friendly
Upvote 0