• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Accountability partner

hopego

Jan 16, 2020
seaton
✟882.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This seems strange to me. As you can go into your settings and restrict what you view on your computer yourself. I not really understand why you would want to pay money to do that. Seems strange to me. I can be a prayer partner if you wish. I can message you once a day to inquire as to how you are fairing with your goals of accountability and encourage you. As far as linking to another computer that sounds a bit complicated and scare to me I think I would have to ask the elders at my church about that before I commit to something very unknown. I wondered could you not ask your wife to do this accountability check with you and check at home that you are doing what you feel you must? We can walk in the light by faith and trust.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe its possible im im struggling with the same or a similar problem. But id personally prefer to just to just talk about it and have no problem admitting to someone if i relapse. Part of the reason being im broke but im also not a big fan of someone seeing everything i do, nor would i want to see everything someone else does even if we have nothing to hide. I believe im at the tail end of my problem but wouldnt mind checking in with someone once or twice a day, and i wouldnt mind being there for someone else once or twice a day as well under the terms i mentioned above

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This seems strange to me. As you can go into your settings and restrict what you view on your computer yourself. I not really understand why you would want to pay money to do that. Seems strange to me. I can be a prayer partner if you wish. I can message you once a day to inquire as to how you are fairing with your goals of accountability and encourage you. As far as linking to another computer that sounds a bit complicated and scare to me I think I would have to ask the elders at my church about that before I commit to something very unknown. I wondered could you not ask your wife to do this accountability check with you and check at home that you are doing what you feel you must? We can walk in the light by faith and trust.

Hi Hope! I am terribly sorry, I would never ask you to be an accountability partner and I most definitely appreciate your prayers. I'm not sure males and females being accountability partners is wise and, as you said, may or may not be better for the spouse. Worry no more, though I thank you immensely for being willing to consider it. :)

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe its possible im im struggling with the same or a similar problem. But id personally prefer to just to just talk about it and have no problem admitting to someone if i relapse. Part of the reason being im broke but im also not a big fan of someone seeing everything i do, nor would i want to see everything someone else does even if we have nothing to hide. I believe im at the tail end of my problem but wouldnt mind checking in with someone once or twice a day, and i wouldnt mind being there for someone else once or twice a day as well under the terms i mentioned above

Thank you so much for your prayers for me and I will pray for you. We all can use prayers from time to time. :)

However, there are times where we might fall into dark places and because there is no one around, we might happily go there knowing no one knows (or at least we think, for we know God watches all.) Having an accountability partner to whom receives a report once a week of all the places we go on the Internet would expose us to the light. So, I will continue to look, but thank you so much for all. :)

Upvote 0