whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
How much did trump inherit?

The equivalent of almost half a billion dollars ($413 million). By age 3, he was "earning" today's equivalent of $200K from his father.

"Mr. Trump won the presidency proclaiming himself a self-made billionaire, and he has long insisted that his father, the legendary New York City builder Fred C. Trump, provided almost no financial help.

But The Times’s investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day.
By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s.
"

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The equivalent of almost half a billion dollars ($413 million). By age 3, he was "earning" today's equivalent of $200K from his father.

"Mr. Trump won the presidency proclaiming himself a self-made billionaire, and he has long insisted that his father, the legendary New York City builder Fred C. Trump, provided almost no financial help.

But The Times’s investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day.
By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s.
"

The President scrapped and fought his way from the slums to the penthouse (not the magazine). He not only made himself, he made America rich. I mean really really rich.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

"

How can a 3 year old earn money?

You guys sure do have some strange way of thinking.

Upvote 0

AllButNone

Jan 18, 2017
Canada
✟77,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I've been wondering with his spelling errors and random capitalization if he is dyslexic. I know I had the same type of writing prior to receiving corrective training.

That would also explain his noted aversion to reading

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been wondering with his spelling errors and random capitalization if he is dyslexic. I know I had the same type of writing prior to receiving corrective training.
Excuse me, but Mr. Trump will tell you he is not in need of correcting anything.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You seriously don’t understand how this can happen? That’s cute.

Rich folk can put assets in their children’s names and the children earn (or lose) money. When they turn 18, the assets are theirs.

• Agree
Reactions: AllButNone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Geeze I get kicked out for months at a time, come back, and it's the same people complaining about Trump, even down to his spelling errors. Rinse and repeat. Imagine a life where someone lives in your head rent free and day after day you're here to tell everyone how orange man is bad.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You seriously don’t understand how this can happen? That’s cute.

Rich folk can put assets in their children’s names and the children earn (or lose) money. When they turn 18, the assets are theirs.

Of course I do and it's not just rich folk, anyone can open up an account for children in trust until their adulthood.

The problem I have is I asked how much trump inherited,I expected a dollar amount but got a speculative article.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Of course I do and it's not just rich folk, anyone can open up an account for children in trust until their adulthood.

The problem I have is I asked how much trump inherited,I expected a dollar amount but got a speculative article.

No, you got a dollar amount coupled with an article which broke down the details of how and what he received from his father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The President scrapped and fought his way from the slums to the penthouse (not the magazine).

He was always a Playboy man, AFAIK.

A 3 year old can't earn it. A 3 year old is gifted it by being put on payroll.

"You guys"? You're the one trying to use his wealth as an indicator of his intelligence. What brilliant business acumen on the part of Donald Trump enabled him to become a millionaire while he was still in grade school?

You got an incredibly detailed piece of investigative journalism.

Upvote 0

AllButNone

Jan 18, 2017
Canada
✟77,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yes I did but it doesn't make it any less stupid.

I'm not sure why you think so. The intent couldn't be more clear. I don't think anybody else is having trouble understanding what the article meant?

That wasn't your initial complaint. But you're the one who is asserting that Trump is a self-made person. (If not, why did you link it to his intelligence) Even though you haven't backed that claim up, people have generously provided a counterpoint from a reputable publication that specifically claims to have access to the requisite information. Although it's plausible the publication is lying, there's little reason to think so.

What's your evidence that Trump is self-made? (Don't quote his stint on the Apprentice, that happened after his wealth was established.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a way to get his tweets in the main stream media.

Upvote 0