Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He was smart enough to put together a political campaign that won the presidency and become a billionaire. All the rest is commentary.

Deliberately excluding any other context is also commentary. Even ascribing his achievements to his intelligence is commentary.

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
From my experience I would say intelligence leaves evidence.

A spelling mistake is just that: A grammatical error but is it proof of intelligence?

Trump was smart enough to win the presidency and become a billionaire. Pretty striking evidence.

I like it when people point to Trump inheriting a vast sum of wealth and making meager gains on it as a sign of his intelligence.

It's a sign of someone's intelligence, but not Trump's.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'a simple private transaction'? That's the creepiest phrase in the tweet I think.
Stop. Mr. Trump has always been a legitimate businessman.

He and Ms. [fill in name of female] were consenting adults.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my experience I would say intelligence leaves evidence.

A spelling mistake is just that: A grammatical error but is it proof of intelligence?

Trump was smart enough to win the presidency and become a billionaire. Pretty striking evidence.
Intelligence and ignorance are not the same thing.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
According to Trump, Democrats can't find a 'Smocking Gun'

Can this billionaire President not at the very least, invest in a computer with "Spell Check" and save the nation from making it painfully obvious to the rest of the world that America has a semi-illiterate serving in the Oval Office?
I think he believes it somehow connects him to his base. He consistently insults their intelligence by seeing just how much stupidity they are willing to put up with. Might as well throw in a few misspellings and improper syntax for good measure.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump was smart enough to win the presidency and become a billionaire.
How smart do you need to be to become president in a country that's consumed by celebrity, worships wealth, is half-asleep and easily distracted with nonsense?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I knew back during the 2008 election when I saw Sarah Palin becoming more popular than John McCain that this would end badly. The war that started with the election of the first Republican has been simmering for a long time and I feel that the Republican establishment will not be happy until they have completely destroyed the United States.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I knew back during the 2008 election when I saw Sarah Palin becoming more popular than John McCain that this would end badly. The war that started with the election of the first Republican has been simmering for a long time and I feel that the Republican establishment will not be happy until they have completely destroyed the United States.
Thats a good observation. The McCain / Palin contrast really does illustrate the Repub party's drift from conservatism to something more radical.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Thats a good observation. The McCain / Palin contrast really does illustrate the Repub party's drift from conservatism to something more radical.

When I was a kid, my family was made up of active and retired military officers and was Republican. I remember when their friends would come over to my Grandparents house and visit. Everything they talked about, be it politics under Carter, the economy, weather (there were some hot summers in Arkansas in the late 70s), the hostages in Iran, Mt. St. Helens, gas, whatever, it seemed so civilized and intelligent. There was no vial hatred of the Democrats and they could even see things from the Democrats side and agree with some of their positions. They even had a great fondness for Henry M. “Scoop” Jackson of Washington State, a Democrat.

I miss them and those days.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I was a kid, my family was made up of active and retired military officers and was Republican. I remember when their friends would come over to my Grandparents house and visit. Everything they talked about, be it politics under Carter, the economy, weather (there were some hot summers in Arkansas in the late 70s), the hostages in Iran, Mt. St. Helens, gas, whatever, it seemed so civilized and intelligent. There was no vial hatred of the Democrats and they could even see things from the Democrats side and agree with some of their positions. They even had a great fondness for Henry M. “Scoop” Jackson of Washington State, a Democrat.

I miss them and those days.
That was before Republicans were conditioned to think of liberals!!! as literally treasonous by nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That was before Republicans were conditioned to think of liberals!!! as literally treasonous by nature.

At least they haven’t reached the level of the Free and Independent Press and become Enemies of the American People.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I like it when people point to Trump inheriting a vast sum of wealth and making meager gains on it as a sign of his intelligence.

It's a sign of someone's intelligence, but not Trump's.

How much did trump inherit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How smart do you need to be to become president in a country that's consumed by celebrity, worships wealth, is half-asleep and easily distracted with nonsense?

Well I would say it's probably harder than most people realise. Hillary lost and she had a husband who is an ex-serving president to advise her, so I don't think any joe off the street could do it.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well I would say it's probably harder than most people realise. Hillary lost and she had a husband who is an ex-serving president to advise her, so I don't think any joe off the street could do it.
The Dems nominating Hill was not a sign of great intellect, either.

Upvote 0