Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Lets look at this verse.

""""And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."""

Let's focus on the 2nd part

"called according to His purpose".

This is 2 "calls", being reflected as rightly divided... Lets look at them both.

First one..

"called according to ............His purpose"

So, this is explaining : "if I be lifted up, i will draw all men to myself".

See that purpose?
That is, "for God loved the world that He Gave", as How the purpose is fulfilled, and this purpose is also, the "work of God".
= "the work of God, is that you believe on Jesus, whom God sent".

Now some of you are caught up in works and commandments, trying to get God to save you or you are doing this to try to keep yourself saved, yet, the only work you can do that will cause God to accept you and redeem you, is to do " the work of God which is to believe on Jesus whom God sent".
See that?
That's the Gospel, that is the ""Preaching of the Cross"", defined as "the work of God" when you BELIEVE<.
All this is based on Christ on the Cross, "lifted up and drawing all men to Himself".

Now, all that as God's Will for you., which is the same as His "work".

Jesus said.....>"not my will , but yours be done".....
So, here we see Jesus making a Choice to Do His Father's will, as Christ has just asked His Father....>"if possible let this cup, pass from me".
The "cup" is the Cross. The "cup" is the Judgement of God against the sin of the world"..... And Jesus says, "but not my will, YOURS be done".
And He did the Father's Will.
He died on the Cross for the sin of the world.
And THERE is your redemption and your justification and your Salvation and your Eternal Life, being offered, as "the GIFT of Salvation".

Christ dying on the Cross, results in the "work of God" that is offered to you, as the finished work of Christ on The Cross.
Jesus said on the Cross..."It is finished", then He died having accomplished Salvation for the World.
That is Jesus doing the WILL of God, that results in Salvation being offered as "the GIFT of Salvation".
The CROSS of CHRSIT= is God's Gift of Salvation to the World. John 3:16

This offering of the shed blood and death of Jesus on the CROSS, is the "call" that goes forth from the heart of God for the last 2000 yrs....as "All who will believe on Jesus, and be saved".

This is John 3:16

--------------

Now, lets look at this same part of the verse, but regarding a 2nd Context/Meaning.

"called .............according to His purpose".

So, that is the call of God, as a person being chosen or called into the Ministry.
This is the "call of God" regarding Him selecting someone for a chosen work.
Could be Pastor, Minstrel, Deacon, Teacher...etc.
Its God's call, that is the Holy Spirit placing an anointing on a person, that IS their Call.
So, its both to be chosen for a ministry, and to be anointed for the ministry the person is chosen to do.
The Called One, is anointed for service, because God has a "purpose" in mind for the person.
Its for this "purpose" the person is "chosen", which is the "call".

Following the call is the enabling for the service, that is required as the Spiritual boot camp, which teaches the called one how to perform in the chosen ministry.
Where some make a shipwreck of their call is because they are more interested in being famous within the body of Christ, vs, performing the ministry as a devoted service as Job # 1.

How do you know if you are called?

That's another Thread for another day.

Last edited:

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Though, on the outside, I am called to do many things. However, most of my calling is to deal with the inside _ to learn lessons. All my challenges, where I need to put my faith to the test, are set for me to learn my lessons. I learn sometimes quickly, and sometimes slowly. They all reveal my shortcomings and defects of character.

Other times, God provides me His Grace that sets me up to the next level, so to speak, where more challenges are being born. They are challenges that require my previous learnt lessons to learn more from. Every lesson has to do with the truth. Each one lightens my yoke and cross to bear.

'Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly'. - G.K. Chesterton

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Thread deals with the Call of the Holy Spirit, and the call of God upon a person that places them into a specific ministry.
The call of God into a specific ministry first requires a person to lose their self-determined life...
Matthew 10:39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
That person needs be willing to hand over their will and life over to the care of God, or their shortcomings and defects of character will be the deceiver in their ministry... which is not according to God's purpose.

I was only pointing out the fundamentals. As a sports coach said to me, "To finish first, you must first finish". In other words, make sure you are worthy of the task.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
T

I was only pointing out the fundamentals. As a sports coach said to me, "To finish first, you must first finish". In other words, make sure you are worthy of the task.

Anyone who God calls, has to "count the cost".

Upvote 0