Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So there is this girl I know, and she loves God and jesus, but she has some serious issues due to abuse from her mother, she says she wants to be loved by God more than anyone else, and she hates that she isn't Gods favourite, her mother was one of these obscure sects of Christianity that is linked with occultism, and is possibly a mason, I suspect her mothers faith in Jesus but have no proof.

Anyway, this offshoot has caused many things I think that are bad theological reasons, she says she wants to be loved by God more than anyone else, she must be the "favourite child" and if not, then whats the point ?

How do I convince her this wrong, and the wrong way to think about God, without stepping on the landmines of depression and anxiety this person goes through, they have suffered years of abuse by their mother to the point where this person is mostly dysfunctional.

I'd like to pray for this girl here.

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tell her that no parent should ever have a favourite child, god is no different.
I've tried that, but she justifies this against her mother not playing favourites with her and her brothers, her mother took out a lot of agressions on her, because she had a different father to the rest of the mothers children.

A lot of resentment and jealousy left over from childhood.

• Prayers
Reactions: Baby Alice
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do I convince her this wrong, and the wrong way to think about God, without stepping on the landmines of depression and anxiety this person goes through, they have suffered years of abuse by their mother to the point where this person is mostly dysfunctional.
A good question, but for another forum. We shouldn't really get into anything here except prayer requests. Post a link here if you re-ask the question in another forum. By the way, she probably would be helped by a psychologist (I recommend a Christian one), since the way she is reacting is the result of abuse. However, you can tell her that she is no less special to God than if she were the only human being in existence, and Jesus still would have died for her.

Upvote 0

Baby Alice

Sep 3, 2018
Unspecified
✟11,305.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've tried that, but she justifies this against her mother not playing favourites with her and her brothers, her mother took out a lot of agressions on her, because she had a different father to the rest of the mothers children.

A lot of resentment and jealousy left over from childhood.
Poor thing, I know a lot of kids who have issues due to parents picking favourites. Other than taking her to a good therapist I don't know what else to suggest. I'll keep her in my prayers however :praying:

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
We are all favourites, We are each treasured and highly loved.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
By being kind and sympathetic you are showing her the Father's love. Apparently she has seen someone in her family being favorited over her and thinks that only the favorite can get love Only the Holy Spirit can really get through to her and heal her. Praying for her light and healing.....

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, may get Your Word through to this child's heart that she may know truth and may she know the true love she so craves. Thank You for loving us, and for creating each of us unique. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you and before you were born I set you apart and appointed you a prophet to the nations" Jeremiah 1:5, Thank You LORD for creating us and knowing us specifically and having a plan for each of our lives and our future. Thank You Father God for sending Your Son Jesus to all of us because of Your love for us, all the Praise and Glory go to You, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, You understand this girl perfectly. You understand all the obstacles between You and her, and why they are there. Just as James and John in the Bible had to come to a new way of thinking, may this girl also find the love You want her to experience by first coming to her own, proper, new way of thinking about You, the world, her mother, and herself. Amen.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Theres a song by JC Dirks "calling out". I love that song just heard it today.. something we ALL should already know.

She is special.. the fact that God knew her name before the world was.. and made ALL we see JUST for her. Try to remember.. even though as we get older in the lord we understand and see.. yet in part but were all the same.. He has no favorites. YET He does not love us like man would a group of people. Or jut two kids. He is GOD.. HE will show you have you KNOW ALL of this was made for YOU.. and YOUR so special to Him and NO ONE else will be there. Just you and Him.. yet you KNOW He feels like this for EACH of us.

We will be standing in heaven with BILLIONS and yet.. you look over and.. huh? WHY is He looking JUST at me? He sees JUST ME! Yet He does this for ALL. And where we DONT like being in a group love kind of thing.. we LOVE the fact He does this for each.

He is the vine we are the branches. And try to find ONE branch thats not org of the vine.

The words to the song are

I knew your name before I made the earth
I had you in mind when I told the starts to shine bright
I knew your smile would bring joy to the world
And I made your voice to bring peace in termiol.

And I'll never lose my love for you
ANd I gave you life so you can love me too

Your beautiful even if they don't see it
And I love you even if you don't believe it
if you turn around I'll be there calling out

Your beautiful even if they don't see it

No it brakes my heart to live without you
You and your only one prayer away
No I knew all the mistakes you would make
So I sent my son to die and wash them all away

And I'll never lose my love for you
ANd I gave you life so you can love me too

Your beautiful even if they don't see

Your beautiful even if they don't see

Your worth so much to me
Open your eyes and see
I'm calling out .. I am calling out
Your worth so much to me
Open your eyes and see

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to Christian Advice.
Please note and abide by the Statement of Purpose of this forum.​
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christgirl67

Apr 9, 2017
N/A
✟41,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So there is this girl I know, and she loves God and jesus, but she has some serious issues due to abuse from her mother, she says she wants to be loved by God more than anyone else, and she hates that she isn't Gods favourite, her mother was one of these obscure sects of Christianity that is linked with occultism, and is possibly a mason, I suspect her mothers faith in Jesus but have no proof.

Anyway, this offshoot has caused many things I think that are bad theological reasons, she says she wants to be loved by God more than anyone else, she must be the "favourite child" and if not, then whats the point ?

I'd like to pray for this girl here.
I think the problem is sometimes as humans we cannot fully comprehend how God loves us despite all the things we have done\gone through.She has to know in God's word,he loves everyone,and he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for all of our sins so we could have a relationship with God.She can call upon God and he can turn her whole life around.God will forgive,and does jot play favorites,but she has to supply the faith and believe that God will forgive her,and forgive herself in the process.

Upvote 0