London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Qur'an doesn't say that the trinity is father, son and Mary. You've been reading too much propaganda and too little the Qur'an itself.

Sura 5:116

And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

Islam - Quran errors on Trinity

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Sura 5:116

And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

Islam - Quran errors on Trinity
That doesn't speak of the trinity. Some Christians do worship Mary as well as Jesus. That is a problem. Mary is not be worshipped. Nor is Jesus of course. But worshipping Mary just takes them yet another step farther from the truth.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't speak of the trinity. Some Christians do worship Mary as well as Jesus. That is a problem. Mary is not be worshipped. Nor is Jesus of course. But worshipping Mary just takes them yet another step farther from the truth.

This is just about Muhammads only attempt to interact with Trinitarian doctrine and he is in effect addressing a local heresy called Collyridianism here. I believe he got this understanding of Christianity from a local Nestorian priest and heretic called Waraqah al Nawfal. There were only 2 other Christians in the whole of Mecca at the time apparently so this looks like his most authoritative source and the ones that informed his opinions. His quotes from the heretical gospel of Thomas about Jesus making pigeons from clay illustrate that he had no orthodox source of information. The issue here is that he is claiming to speak for God but is actually only interacting with his local Arab culture. If he is simply opposing a heretical doctrine fine. But then that means he never clearly opposes Trinitarian doctrine.

He even recognises that Jesus was miraculously conceived of the Virgin Mary. But he does not understand Sonship again illustrating his culture bound ideas.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This is just about Muhammads only attempt to interact with Trinitarian doctrine and he is in effect addressing a local heresy called Collyridianism here. I believe he got this understanding of Christianity from a local Nestorian priest and heretic called Waraqah al Nawfal. There were only 2 other Christians in the whole of Mecca at the time apparently so this looks like his most authoritative source and the ones that informed his opinions. His quotes from the heretical gospel of Thomas about Jesus making pigeons from clay illustrate that he had no orthodox source of information. The issue here is that he is claiming to speak for God but is actually only interacting with his local Arab culture. If he is simply opposing a heretical doctrine fine. But then that means he never clearly opposes Trinitarian doctrine.

He even recognises that Jesus was miraculously conceived of the Virgin Mary. But he does not understand Sonship again illustrating his culture bound ideas.
I'm not sure you see how irrelevant those opinions of yours (or whichever Christian apologetic they really come from) are for Muslims and Islam in general.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Totally inaccurate. Mary is NOT worshipped.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Totally inaccurate. Mary is NOT worshipped.
Depends who you ask. However, in Islam a lot of things are considered worship that you might not think are. So simply giving a certain kind of divinity to Mary is too much. Praying to her or through her is definitely wrong. She was just a woman. Highly respected in Islam as well, but that is all.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Depends who you ask. However, in Islam a lot of things are considered worship that you might not think are. So simply giving a certain kind of divinity to Mary is too much. Praying to her or through her is definitely wrong. She was just a woman. Highly respected in Islam as well, but that is all.

Thats you view. Which is totally incorrect.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Thats you view. Which is totally incorrect.
I'm not sure what is it that is my view, but one thing to take notice of is that the Qur'an doesn't say all christians do this. The Qur'an praises some Christians. So if you don't do it - good. Doesn't mean you don't commit any other shirk according to Islam, but it's good nevertheless.

For instance, according to Islam having a picture of Mary, the mother of Jesus, on your wall, is shirk.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what is it that is my view, but one thing to take notice of is that the Qur'an doesn't say all christians do this. The Qur'an praises some Christians. So if you don't do it - good. Doesn't mean you don't commit any other shirk according to Islam, but it's good nevertheless.

For instance, according to Islam having a picture of Mary, the mother of Jesus, on your wall, is shirk.

Lots of things in islam are extremely questionable my friend!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Most Muslims derive their understandings of jurisprudence ( Sharia) from the Quran and from a consideration of sayings about the life of Muhammad called Hadiths ( The Sunnah).

BUT some of these Hadiths are ridiculous. This one below for example claims Adam was 90 feet tall!!!!

So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day. (Translation of Sahih Muslim, Book 040, Number 6809)"

Some are deeply offensive:

But there are other alleged Hadiths calling dogs and women filth, and condemning homosexuals , Jews and Christians, the authenticity of which is questionable. P.65-66 House of Islam Ed Husain

All are probably made up having been written at least 2 centuries after Muhammad died

So why do Muslims rely so heavily on Sunnah to encase their women in burqas make absurd claims about Adam and ones about Jews and Christians which the prophet himself and indeed the first 4 caliphs clearly did not believe.

Please let the Muslims answer this one.
Black propaganda
If you know how Muslims dealt in verification of Hadeeth you'll feel sham of connecting gospels to Jesus.

Every Hadeeth have a chain of narrators till Prophet. Schoolers have studied the life of every narrator all generations. Narrator's birth, death, travel, teachers, students
Every narrator is graded in honesty and strength of memory.

What do you know about your desiples?
What do you know about gospels writers ?
What do you know about your called-god Jesus life?

The rejected narrations in Islam is scientifically more trusted than gospels from connection to the original perspective.

Reactions: Yytz6
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black propaganda
If you know how Muslims dealt in verification of Hadeeth you'll feel sham of connecting gospels to Jesus.

Every Hadeeth have a chain of narrators till Prophet. Schoolers have studied the life of every narrator all generations. Narrator's birth, death, travel, teachers, students
Every narrator is graded in honesty and strength of memory.

What do you know about your desiples?
What do you know about gospels writers ?
What do you know about your called-god Jesus life?

The rejected narrations in Islam is scientifically more trusted than gospels from connection to the original perspective.

Does the verification process work if it concludes with the view that Adam was 90 foot tall and that black dogs are possessed by the devil and should be excluded from Mecca for that reason.

Does it matter how many people poured over them if they conclude that Jewish genocide, wife beating and the like are acceptable practices.

Do you urinate standing when the public toilet is covered in excrement and used toilet rolls. Do you blow your nose 3 times each morning to expel the devil. Do you really believe that eating 7 dates in the morning will protect you from being poisoned by cyanide and that is scientifically demonstrable!

This thread is not about the gospels but there are answers to all your questions. There was a very thorough vetting of all the scriptures selected for the canon that was mainly based on their settled usage by the majority of the church in diverse geographical and cultural settings. We have innumerable fragments which we can use to help us in that investigative process. In Islam all such fragments were mainly destroyed by Uthmann as a cover up for the differences that did exist and which the Sana manuscript for example reveals. Effectively we are asked to trust Uthmann not Muhammad when it comes to that process and he was murdered by his own people so maybe that is not the best call.

Upvote 0

Yytz6

Muslim
Jun 26, 2019
Versailles
✟22,158.00
Country
France
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Does the verification process work if it concludes with the view that Adam was 90 foot tall and that black dogs are possessed by the devil and should be excluded from Mecca for that reason.

Does it matter how many people poured over them if they conclude that Jewish genocide, wife beating and the like are acceptable practices.

Do you urinate standing when the public toilet is covered in excrement and used toilet rolls. Do you blow your nose 3 times each morning to expel the devil. Do you really believe that eating 7 dates in the morning will protect you from being poisoned by cyanide and that is scientifically demonstrable!

This thread is not about the gospels but there are answers to all your questions. There was a very thorough vetting of all the scriptures selected for the canon that was mainly based on their settled usage by the majority of the church in diverse geographical and cultural settings. We have innumerable fragments which we can use to help us in that investigative process. In Islam all such fragments were mainly destroyed by Uthmann as a cover up for the differences that did exist and which the Sana manuscript for example reveals. Effectively we are asked to trust Uthmann not Muhammad when it comes to that process and he was murdered by his own people so maybe that is not the best call.
Instead of addressing any of the valid points made in the post you quoted, you continue writing the same as before. I've already corrected you in this same thread.

It's okay you don't believe me, but a least hold on to some established facts with your accusations and do some additional research.

No dogs are allowed in Makkah regardless of their colour. Regarding the hadith about dogs to be killed - it wasn't just about dogs, but other animals were included as well.

The Sunnah is not to merely blow your nose, but to inhale water into your nose and blow it out. If you tried this, btw, I suspect you'd find it has a pleasant effect on breathing. Or you can ask a doctor's opinion on it when you get a chance. There it no doubt there is no harm in cleaning your nose once in a while or several times a day - it is beneficial. The reason there is mucus is to keep the ways clean. What is in the mucus is bacteria and viruses that the mucus has caught. The reason you should blow it out is to get the bacteria and viruses out of your nose. Muslims do the same before each prayer.

It's probably advisable not to use a toilet at all if it is covered in excrement. And if it is necessary of course a Muslim can urinate standing up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0