Abp. Viganò: Here is what the Pope’s ambiguous statements are doing to the Church

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And it is exactly this, in my opinion, that Bergoglio’s 'magic circle' wants to achieve: to reach the paradoxical situation in which the one who is recognized as Pope is at the same time in a state of schism with the Church he governs, while those who are declared by him to be schismatic for disobedience will find themselves expelled from the Church because of the fact that they are Catholic.

Continued below.
Abp. Viganò: Here is what the Pope’s ambiguous statements are doing to the Church

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And it is exactly this, in my opinion, that Bergoglio’s 'magic circle' wants to achieve: to reach the paradoxical situation in which the one who is recognized as Pope is at the same time in a state of schism with the Church he governs, while those who are declared by him to be schismatic for disobedience will find themselves expelled from the Church because of the fact that they are Catholic.

Continued below.

This is what occurs when schism is defined as " the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him." (The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC 2089))

This is a difference with the Orthodox Church which defines schism more or less as "as refusal of communion with the Church (through a bishop.)" Major reason I am not RCC is because of this definition. I think it conflates the Pope himself with the Church.

Do RCC's consider the angelic beings to be subject to the Pope?

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
This in my opinion perfectly defines what we see going on currently in the Church.

It may be asked: why would the Pope act in this way, especially when his predecessors were always very clear on moral matters? I do not know what Bergoglio has in mind: I limit myself to making sense of his actions and words. And I think I can affirm that what emerges is an attitude that is deliberately two-faced and Jesuitical. Behind all of his utterances there is the effort to arouse the reaction of the healthy part of the Church, provoking it with heretical statements, with disconcerting gestures, with documents that contradict the Magisterium. And at the same time, his statements please his supporters, above all non-Catholics and those who are Catholic in name only.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One man does not define a church. The church is, indeed, bigger than one man, and stronger and guided by the Holy Spirit.

It has overcome many a severe storm. How?

Because, Jesus said that the gates of hell would not prevail against His (Catholic) church!

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums