about the verse if u deny me before man i will deny you before my Father in Heaven

rejectreality

Feb 14, 2005
✟15,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the verse is referring more to actively denying God. I would equate it to the same way that Peter denied Christ 3 times by claiming not to know Him or be associated with Him. I believe it is in that regard. You don't have to run up to every stranger and proclaim the good news, though that might be what God has called you to do. Just don't hide away your faith in our Lord Almighty. I'm not sure if that made any sense, so I hope someone wiser will give a better answer.

God bless

Upvote 0

bananapancakes

The More I Seek Him... The More I Find Him
Jul 25, 2007
currently Dallas hope to move soon
Visit site
✟16,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe you are referring to this verse:

Matthew 10:32-33

32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Basically what that verse means is if we have acknowledged Christ before men, if we have publicly confessed our faith in the Lord, if we have not hidden our faith, if we have been bold witnesses to Jesus Christ, then the Savior will step forward and, out of grace, He will acknowledge us before the Father.

When we become saved, we trust Jesus as our Lord and Savior. We make Him the Lord of our lives and we serve Him in all that we say and do. Sometimes talking about our faith to other people isn’t necessary simply because they can see that we live for the Lord through our words and actions. It is important not to hide sharing your faith with others because our job as Christians is to spread the gospel as the Great Commission states.

I do not think shutting your door while you read your bible has anything to do with this so don’t worry about that.

Hope this helps answer your question. :)

Upvote 0