Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I may make everybody not like me now. The first verse has to deal with the government when there was no choice, kings and all that. The second deals with Christ not now. Neither verse deals with now. In this era we are free to get our own government.

Right now we chose but the forces of evil took control from the legitimate choice. These are my thoughts

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may make everybody not like me now. The first verse has to deal with the government when there was no choice, kings and all that. The second deals with Christ not now. Neither verse deals with now. In this era we are free to get our own government.

Right now we chose but the forces of evil took control from the legitimate choice. These are my thoughts

Many people had put their hopes and trusting in a mortal man -- Trump.

But from scripture we learn:

Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save.

So, by the Word, this is very simple: we don't ever get what we really need from any mortal man.

Christ said to seek His Kingdom, the Kingdom of God, and when we seek that, then what we need will be given to us. I trust Him.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,149.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For those who believe Romans 13 to mean that God chooses and ordains Presidents, consider also that the earthly authority when Paul wrote it was Caesar. How did the Ceasars get their position? Was intrigue involved? Murder? War? If that didn't nullify their position, why would fraud unrecognized by the courts nullify Biden's?

I didn't vote for Biden, by the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people had put their hopes and trusting in a mortal man -- Trump.
Can't the same thing be said about Biden? Looks like the current president thinks he was elected dictator in chief.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I find it's a tight spot as a far as the US elections go.

You have one party that will not help the poor

and

You have one party that is for human sacrifice.

it's kind of a lose-lose situation for a Christian - very much like Samaria and Judah prior to the captivity.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read a claim about a stolen election, and the following passages came to mind.
Romans 13:1-3
John 19:11

Feel free to discuss.

There was an Archaeological discovery from Ancient Athens (where democracy was invented), electoral fraud in a vote to banish the politician Themistocles in the 470s BC. Has there been an election without fraud since the foundation of the world?

Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, we are citizens of heaven. We are strangers in the world. Anyone who perhaps expected anything other than a flawed election in a flawed country and a fallen world is perhaps just a little naive?

The only 'good' government will come when Jesus returns. Who is good but God alone?

If human beings could do the right thing there would have been no need for redemption. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There was an Archaeological discovery from Ancient Athens (where democracy was invented), electoral fraud in a vote to banish the politician Themistocles in the 470s BC. Has there been an election without fraud since the foundation of the world?

Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, we are citizens of heaven. We are strangers in the world. Anyone who perhaps expected anything other than a flawed election in a flawed country and a fallen world is perhaps just a little naive?

The only 'good' government will come when Jesus returns. Who is good but God alone?

If human beings could do the right thing there would have been no need for redemption. God Bless :)
Even in terms of royal succession, assassinations, poison, scandal - not much fairness there either.

I agree that only God can bring about a good type of government, because it will be based on God. However, most people who thrive in systems like this will hate rule under God - He sees through their lies and doesn't need to take time to prove dishonestly and betrayal.

According to revelation, those awarded with the ability to rule with a rod of iron overcome a trial that seems very apt considering they hold everyone's lives in their hands.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For those who believe Romans 13 to mean that God chooses and ordains Presidents, consider also that the earthly authority when Paul wrote it was Caesar. How did the Ceasars get their position? Was intrigue involved? Murder? War? If that didn't nullify their position, why would fraud unrecognized by the courts nullify Biden's?

I didn't vote for Biden, by the way.

The Book of Daniel prophesied that Alexander the Great would take over Asia ... I would think that God decided that a long time from it actually happening ... so why not a later day POTUS someone who can help or hinder this great country.

My God does not lose elections and His scales of righteousness will certainly prevail if it was a stolen election, which I am sure it was not stolen or the last one in Georgia would've been won by the GOP.

Now the Senate is tied and God can use a liberal left wing Senator to agree with the GOP if He needs one vote or more to break a tie or use VP Harris.

We all have to do the same thing watch this thing unfold and see what happens.

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read a claim about a stolen election, and the following passages came to mind.
Romans 13:1-3
John 19:11

Feel free to discuss.
Would that apply to helping the Germans occupying France to locate the Jews hiding in your village ...

I read your post and this non-Biblical quote came to mind:
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill (1867)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums