Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think this is something to work out with your priest. That said, one rule I've heard in general is -- better to be sincere in a short bit of prayer (e.g., just the Lord's prayer), than to be hasty and rush through a long bit of prayer (e.g., normal prayer rule), if you are traveling and unable to do the whole rule.

Upvote 0

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
when you are abroad and it is not possible to prayer your usual prayer rule how should i pray?
Is there a prayer rule for when travelling or when abroad?

Avoid weeaboos, because anime tends to be of the homosexual variety.

(this is an in joke with the poster in question to reveal that I know who he is elsewhere on the internet).

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Listening in, and wondering how this applies to praying without ceasing.
Just wanted to comment, prayer without ceasing is a slightly different topic from a prayer rule. You might enjoy reading "The Way of the Pilgrim". :)

Upvote 0

-Sasha-

Handmaid of God
Apr 12, 2019
Midwest
✟27,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
when you are abroad and it is not possible to prayer your usual prayer rule how should i pray?
Is there a prayer rule for when travelling or when abroad?
As others have said, I would talk with your priest about it! As an aside, I love these for taking with me when I'm traveling: Micro Icons

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟279,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if the OP could explain a bit about why their prayer rule might be hard to do while abroad. I think it is often a good idea to have a prayer rule that is able to be kept at all times even if it needs to be slightly abbreviated or adjusted from time to time. I have a few prayers that I add to my basic prayers as I am able. If you are able to memorize the majority of your prayers, it is good for being able to pray them on the go if needed, and then anything that you don't have memorized you can omit or replace with the Jesus prayer or the prayer of the Publican or something similar.

• Agree
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Nikonian

Sinful servant of God
Jan 2, 2019
Europe
✟25,858.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if the OP could explain a bit about why their prayer rule might be hard to do while abroad. I think it is often a good idea to have a prayer rule that is able to be kept at all times even if it needs to be slightly abbreviated or adjusted from time to time. I have a few prayers that I add to my basic prayers as I am able. If you are able to memorize the majority of your prayers, it is good for being able to pray them on the go if needed, and then anything that you don't have memorized you can omit or replace with the Jesus prayer or the prayer of the Publican or something similar.

i am still searching for a good prayer rule (when travelling i usually say the prayer rule of saint
seraphim Our Father x3 Rejoice Mary...x3 Creed x1)

Upvote 0