dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Her name is Vanga. She is orthodox christian. She lived in my country.
She was martyr.
She made many predictions and all of them become true.
She talked about the kingdom of the dead and that this kingdom is great.
She talked with dead humans.
She believed in reincarnation, because she saw it.
She made a church but our church not wanted to consecrate the church, because they say it is not by canons, but I know it is real church and this is all she leaved to us, here is pictures:

rupite002_61c275563caea019cb797eb11dc61a65.jpg

%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5.jpg

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It may be nice looking, but if they don't recognize it, I have to assume there is a reason. I would imagine that the Bulgarian Orthodox Church knows what it is doing. Is the church you've shown the same as this one you can find on Wikipedia if you search for St. Petka of Bulgaria? It doesn't appear to be the same, as obviously Vanga and Petka wouldn't be the same, either (Ванга vs. Петка...you don't even need to read Cyrillic; just have eyes). So I am confused: what does this Vanga have to do with Petka? Or is one a nickname for the other? (I don't know Bulgarian.)

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
It may be nice looking, but if they don't recognize it, I have to assume there is a reason. I would imagine that the Bulgarian Orthodox Church knows what it is doing. Is the church you've shown the same as this one you can find on Wikipedia if you search for St. Petka of Bulgaria? It doesn't appear to be the same, as obviously Vanga and Petka wouldn't be the same, either (Ванга vs. Петка...you don't even need to read Cyrillic; just have eyes). So I am confused: what does this Vanga have to do with Petka? Or is one a nickname for the other? (I don't know Bulgarian.)
I think it's the church described on this wikipedia page: Rupite - Wikipedia

The icons are what caught my attention, I think I remember reading a criticism of them. And sure enough, Wiki states: "The icons were created by the noted artist Svetlin Rusev and were not generally approved by the Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church for being too realistic and not conforming to the canons."

• Informative
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
The page on Rupite describes Vanga:

"The locality is mostly famous as a place related to the prophet Vanga, and by this it attracts thousands of worshippers and tourists. Vangeliya Gushterova (1911 – 1996), is the full name of the prophet, was famous around the whole world with her multiple prophecies which had come true. According to a legend, Vanga lost her sight in her early childhood years in a storm, but during the accident she had a vision, which gave her the unique abilities. In the last years of her life, Vanga lived in a small house in the Rupite, because according to her relatives she considered the area an energy source and collected her powers from it. The church was built by monetary means, provided by Vanga, and it is notable for its wall paintings. They were made by the famous Bulgarian artist Svetlin Rusev and they are quite realistic, which differentiates them from the Orthodox canon. Despite the fact that the temple was not built according to the rules of the Orthodox church, it attracts thousands of worshippers and tourists because of its connection with Grandmother Vanga."​

And here's the page for "Baba Vanga" herself: Baba Vanga - Wikipedia
Supposedly she's fairly popular in SE Europe, the Balkans, and Russia. But reading her wikipedia page gives me some bad vibes. I'm not seeing an explicit statement from any Church regarding her--or the church (except criticism of the iconography)--but I might be missing something.

This is definitely odd. Some of her teachings described on her wikipedia page are... uh... not seeming the most Orthodox

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is definitely odd. Some of her teachings described on her wikipedia page are... uh... not seeming the most Orthodox

Yes I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about and she is not. She is some kind of psychic type medium, like an East European Edgar Cayce.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If I may. Not exactly. She predicted that the 1994 FIFA would be between two teams that started with B, that did not happen. She predicted WW3 would start in late 2010 and end in late 2014 that never happened. She predicted the 44th President of the USA would be last President and that didn't happen. Her track record is not great.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Her name is Vanga. She is orthodox christian.
with some heretical beliefs, if what you say about reincarnation is true. It may be a language issue though.
She lived in my country.
true
She was martyr.
In what sense? Martyrs are those who are killed for their faith. She wasn't killed or persecuted so how was she a martyr?
No they didn't. Also, demons are very experienced at predicting things.
Did she have a confessor? Did she seek spiritual discernment regarding her visions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums