About miracles, like healing for example, or as one example...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I sometimes wonder if the power of God can only flow when it is fully "felt" by others...? And the simple do this much, much easier than the not so simple...? Because they (the not so simple) have way too many doubts and just don't believe as much...

It's like when Jesus would ask others, "Do you (really) believe I can do this...? By and according to your faith, let it happen to you (and for you)...

This might be why it only primarily happens with the simple, or those who are much more simple, than many of us (are)...?

What do you think about this...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Many can be healed at the moment they are converted, or exposed to the gospel and accept it, especially with the simple, cause you are "striking while the iron is hot", so to speak...

And this might have something to do with it as well maybe...?

They are able to "feel the power of God", and so it flows, and is able to flow (to and for them) (especially in or at that those moments) (especially with the simple)...

A towering or God-like reputation with this might really help as well, like with Jesus...?

Do you really believe I can do this...? (He asks us)...?

Unfortunately not many of us do...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if the power of God can only flow when it is fully "felt" by others...? And the simple do this much, much easier than the not so simple...? Because they (the not so simple) have way too many doubts and just don't believe as much...

It's like when Jesus would ask others, "Do you (really) believe I can do this...? By and according to your faith, let it happen to you (and for you)...

This might be why it only primarily happens with the simple, or those who are much more simple, than many of us (are)...?

What do you think about this...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

No. I certainly treasure being able to feel God; but I have prayed for people who don't feel a thing, except that they are healed. And an old friend, Todd White, prays and sees much more healing that I have and he used to talk about how he didn't feel a thing when he prayed for people--at least back when I knew him--and yet many were healed.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,779.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes wonder if the power of God can only flow when it is fully "felt" by others...?

God doesn't need us to be able to show his power.
He created the entire universe from nothing, sent his Son to be born, live and die, and raised him from the dead - all without our help, knowledge or permission.

But he healed some people without asking how much faith they had - Jairus' daughter and Lazarus had none. And when one man said "IF you can ...." and expressed his doubts, Jesus healed his son anyway.

God doesn't require our faith, intellect, or even permission to heal.
He healed me from M.E. I'm not a theologian but I wouldn't say I was "simple" either.

I agree though that it seems that miracles are seen more often in countries which take God at his word and have simple faith, than maybe in countries that debate, argue about and try to rationalise everything.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No. I certainly treasure being able to feel God; but I have prayed for people who don't feel a thing, except that they are healed. And an old friend, Todd White, prays and sees much more healing that I have and he used to talk about how he didn't feel a thing when he prayed for people--at least back when I knew him--and yet many were healed.

God doesn't need us to be able to show his power.
He created the entire universe from nothing, sent his Son to be born, live and die, and raised him from the dead - all without our help, knowledge or permission.

But he healed some people without asking how much faith they had - Jairus' daughter and Lazarus had none. And when one man said "IF you can ...." and expressed his doubts, Jesus healed his son anyway.

God doesn't require our faith, intellect, or even permission to heal.
He healed me from M.E. I'm not a theologian but I wouldn't say I was "simple" either.

I agree though that it seems that miracles are seen more often in countries which take God at his word and have simple faith, than maybe in countries that debate, argue about and try to rationalise everything.

What is it then...?

Is there "any kind" of formula or faith or rhyme or reason to it at all...?

What is the determining factor, if there is one...?

Thanks for replying,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is it then...?

Is there "any kind" of formula or faith or reason or rhyme to it at all...?

Thanks for replying,

God Bless!
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, as it is something I think about from time to time, but I just don't know if there is any kind of "figuring it out" or not...?

I mainly said what I said and have wondered what I wonder (about the simple) (or more simple) because in the areas where people seem to be a little bit simpler, it seems to happen much more, and much more often...?

Is there "anything to it" at all...? Or not...?

Why does it happen or not happen sometimes, in some people's cases, and not in others or at other times, ect...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,049,779.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you're asking how we "get" God to heal us; my answer is, I don't think we do. In fact, I think that is the wrong question.

God heals today, that is a fact.
God answers prayer, that is a fact.
God knows what is best for us, sometimes gives us what we need, rather than what we ask for, may sometimes ask us to wait and be patient, and may occasionally say 'no' - that is a fact too. Although there are groups that teach that God will never say no because he desires to give us everything we want when we want it.

I don't believe there is.
Some people go forward for healing at services or rallies, and are immediately, physically and miraculously healed.
Some people go forward, and aren't.
Some people receive healing in many ways, except physically - like Joni Eareckson-Tada, who asked, prayed, fasted, and begged for healing many times, but who now accepts that had she not been in a wheelchair, she couldn't have done all the things she has done, and may not have known God at all.
Some spend much time seeking healing, reading about healing, asking for prayer etc, with no apparent result - and then are healed by God in his way and in his time. Jennifer Rees-Larcombe's healing was like this.

In my case, I never believed that M.E was a punishment, or that not being healed showed a lack of faith. I didn't like having it, and sometimes complained. But I learnt many new things through it, learnt to trust God in a new way and leave it in his hands, and - even though some people on this forum told me that God wouldn't heal me because I didn't have faith/wasn't praying enough/had some secret sin - was later healed by him.

I believe Scripture teaches us that we can, and are to, pray, tell our Father our needs, hopes etc - and then leave it in his hands, trusting that he can answer our prayer and will do what is best.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I do not think this theology is controversial. It has been around since before modern times. It is continuism. The RCC is continuist. It is becoming more popular, looking at the mainstream academics.

Drs can receive a healing. I know one who will be studying the Spirit's power with me.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is it then...?

Thanks for replying,

God Bless!

There is no formula. God isn't constrained like that. And God doesn't need anyone's help; but He chose to make it that way. When people reject that, they are simply letting their lack of experience control their theology. For instance, God tells us to pray. Why? Afterall, as someone said he doesn't need our help. Yet, He tells us to pray. And, that's not all He instructs us to do. He has chosen to have us involved. His choice. I wouldn't want to be the one ignoring his instruction when I get to where Jesus has to accept me or reject me, based on what He Himself says.

That is why I shared some people don't feel anything and are healed while others feel something and aren't and still others feel something and are healed. Likewise, the person doing the prayer may or may not feel anything. And, even when people feel stuff, they are all over the place when they feel touched (cold, heat, electricity, nothing, suction).

But, Jesus was very clear about how you would know them who really believe in Mark 16:15-20. And, Acts certainly supports that--even beyond the current generation (Philip from Acts 6 was visited again in Acts 21 and he had 4 daughters that were called prophetesses)

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just read a Derek Prince book and he suggested in it that God moves more when people are desperate. Modern people have too many alternatives to go through, whereas a generally poorer (simple) person turns to God right away. I think too if one is too intellectual, especially scientific then you can hinder God from doing something. I agree with other posters too that feeling is not always necessary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums