Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please, Does someone know how to appreciate the appointment of Judas among the twelves?
I indeed wonder whether it's or not Jesus that gave him his financial role and if not, why doesn't the Gospel report the least objection from Jesus toward this activity of him? Is there a moral way of dealing with money, whereas He said that one cannot serve both God and Mammon? whereas He advised His followers to live from the favours of God, and the wealthy young man to give all his goods in order to get a treasure in heaven?
I confess i often deal with this contradiction, maybe in a bit hypocritical way, considering money must remain servant, and her/his owner, its master. But there is simultaneously a tiny and a huge gap between those two attitudes, and the bridge over it is often easy to cross. Has someone the key? Should we exclusively connect ourselves with the favour of God? At first, i would reply yes, but i don't understand how Judas remained for such a long time among the apostles, before even his treason, with this ministry..

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please, Does someone know how to appreciate the appointment of Judas among the twelves?
I indeed wonder whether it's or not Jesus that gave him his financial role and if not, why doesn't the Gospel report the least objection from Jesus toward this activity of him? Is there a moral way of dealing with money, whereas He said that one cannot serve both God and Mammon? whereas He advised His followers to live from the favours of God, and the wealthy young man to give all his goods in order to get a treasure in heaven?
I confess i often deal with this contradiction, maybe in a bit hypocritical way, considering money must remain servant, and her/his owner, its master. But there is simultaneously a tiny and a huge gap between those two attitudes, and the bridge over it is often easy to cross. Has someone the key? Should we exclusively connect ourselves with the favour of God? At first, i would reply yes, but i don't understand how Judas remained for such a long time among the apostles, before even his treason, with this ministry..

If you find it difficult to serve God exclusively, you can ask for terms of peace.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Judas was saved and then lost his salvation

Jesus did not appoint Judas I. an "apostle" / disciple / or anything else at the Great Commission.
He appointed only the remaining 11. SEE: Matthew 28: end.

Judas I. was an unbeliever, the worst betrayer in history, a dishonest money keeper, possessed by the devil, and cowardly killed himself.

Does the RCC teach otherwise? The Bible does not.

Judas I. did not "fall away".

Nor did he lose his salvation.

He was never saved.

He rejected Jesus as the Divine Messiah.

Jesus had the Divine power to discern the spirits of Man.
He fore-knew that Judas I. would never become a true believer / follower.
He fore-knew that prophecy would be fulfilled.
He allowed Judas I. to become history's icon of betrayal.
He allowed the 'sifting by satan" of Judas I.

“Friend, wherefore art thou come?” Matthew 26:50 KJV

Judas I. was indeed “the son of perdition” (John. 17:12). devil / anti-christ is the same. (2 Th. 2:3)
Judas had an affinity for money and became the treasurer for the little band of disciples.
The love of money eventually led him to conspire with Jewish leadership and betray the Lord Jesus for thirty pieces of silver,
a “goodly price” as Zechariah 11:13 declares.

Satan entered into this UN-BELIEVER to ensure Judas' premeditated deed would be accomplished.
And so he met the Lord with a kiss, Jesus tried to bring him to his senses by asking,
“Friend, why art thou come?” (Mt. 26:50).

He went “to his own place” in hell (Acts 1:25),
like all who persist in treating the Lord’s friendship with indifference or contempt.

“Mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.” Psalm 41:9

Jesus said,
“He that is not with Me is against Me: and he that does not gather with Me scatters” (Lk. 11:23).

Judas I., who walked, ate, slept, and was on familiar terms with the Lord was not healed,
but rather “heeled” Him and trod under foot the Son of God, as do all who count His blood common or unholy (Heb. 10:29).
Thus Judas drew “back unto perdition” (Heb. 10:39).

“We took sweet counsel together, and walked … in company.” Psalm 55:14

How much more treacherous was his betrayal in that Judas led the soldiers to Jesus by feigning a kiss of kindness.Yet Jesus fore-knew from the beginning who should betray Him; thus He said to His disciples, “Ye are not all clean” (John. 13:11).

“If ye think good, give me my price … 30 pieces of silver.” Zechariah 11:12-13

The chief priests settled the bargain for the price of a slave (Ex. 21:32; Mt. 26:15).
It seems that Judas expected Jesus to somehow escape condemnation/execution,
as He had so many times before when His hour had not yet come. When Judas saw that Jesus was really going to be put to death, he threw his ill-gotten money back into the temple, but those who had given it to him refused to take it back.
The chief priests wondered what to do with the “contaminated” money, andfinally decided to purchase the worn-out potter’s field, for it was not worth much to anyone else.
This, too, was prophesied by Zechariah (11:13).
So they bought the field “to bury strangers in” (Mt. 27:7).In an act of cheap charity and pious provision on the part of the Sanhedrin, which slew the Lord of Glory, Phariseeism remained true to its hypocritical self. And ironically, in that very place, in a final act of despair, Judas committed suicide (Acts 1:18-19).

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think each of the Apostles had their role, and Judas failed at his, I do not think the connection to money is much deeper then that
Thank you, Rhamiel, that's where i stand too, but if Jesus didn't prevent Judas to meet with this particular mission, it's quite a conandrum for me. He said once that one of those He chose was a devil. Sounds like He spoke of him.
How Strange, for He, who came to save sinners, to call someone devil, without any prospect of being called by another name. It's a discriminatory name, that hampers an efficient salvation for the person in question, doesn't it sound so? Then i still question myself, and you, if you agree

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, but i Don't see what you're referring to
Luke 14:31“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace.
Thank you for explaining, i wouldn't have found this.
Truly, i'm a little like this divided person Paul described, willing to behave morally, but too often behaving unaccordingly

Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for explaining, i wouldn't have found this.
Truly, i'm a little like this divided person Paul described, willing to behave morally, but too often behaving unaccordingly
If you have the right covenant, a promise to trust God only, at some point in time, without fail, God will ask you to prove your trust in Him. When you hear His voice, don´t be like the Israelites, of whom it was said that because of their unbelief, God said they would not be saved.

He will ask you to completely trust Him, like Jesus asked the rich young man to give up depending on everything else.

Since you know this is going to happen, you have to think about what you´re going to answer. You could ask Him to strengthen your faith, or you could ask Him to help you give up your dependence on other things and persons. This is called asking for terms of peace: asking for more time to prepare to depending only on God. If you find it impossible to give up depending on people and things and change to putting all your trust in God for everything, He will help you so give up your wrong dependency:

Luke 18:27But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”

• Agree
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I often wonder if Judas may have been an infiltraiter sent by the jewish authorities to report on jesus' inner circle.

When jesus asks "who do yoh say i am" after peter says the messiah the son of God. Jesus confirms this but charges them not to tell anyone. Then he says he must go to jerusalem and predicts his own death

Then we see jesus go to jerusalem and gets arrested at his trial all sorts of false acustations get hurled at jesus but they couldnt make any of it stick its at this point the high priest asks without any former accustion by anyone at the trial

“I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

Of course jesus who had remained silent until this question answers in the affirmitive

Why would the high priest ask this, how would he know jesus had claimed he was the son of God unless someone from the inner circle had not obayed jesus' charge to not tell anyone and had reported it to the high priest. Perhaps someone the high priest sent to infiltrate Jesus' inner circle.

The high priest uses the same language used in the "who do you say i am" discourse

Peter responded "You are the messiah the son of the living God"

Jesus charged them not to tell anyone

I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

Its not clear in scripture if this was the case, but i do wonder

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wordkeeper

Oct 1, 2013
✟91,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I often wonder if Judas may have been an infiltraiter sent by the jewish authorities to report on jesus' inner circle.

When jesus asks "who do yoh say i am" after peter says the messiah the son of God. Jesus confirms this but charges them not to tell anyone. Then he says he must go to jerusalem and predicts his own death

Then we see jesus go to jerusalem and gets arrested at his trial all sorts of false acustations get hurled at jesus but they couldnt make any of it stick its at this point the high priest asks without any former accustion by anyone at the trial

“I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

Of course jesus who had remained silent until this question answers in the affirmitive

Why would the high priest ask this, how would he know jesus had claimed he was the son of God unless someone from the inner circle had not obayed jesus' charge to not tell anyone and had reported it to the high priest. Perhaps someone the high priest sent to infiltrate Jesus' inner circle.

Its not clear in scripture if this was the case, but i have wondered
Israel was chosen to betray Christ. That's the meaning of the verse which says she was made a vessel of dishonor. Christ's words that one of the disciples was a devil, yet had been chosen by Him, is a revelation of Israel's betrayal.

Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0