Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Messenger

1) death of the mother....will if the mother dies the baby may also...but do we chose to kill a baby over a maybe? I wouldn't. I wouldn't want an abortion to take place without every effort taken to save both mother and baby first.

2)rape...I would hope many would chalk the baby up for something good that came from something bad...even if they felt they had to give the baby up for adoption. I would rather they use a morning after pill or incase of rape make the person abort the first month...you wait too bad. Otherwise you will have a lot cry "rape" and also the baby developes more...Again I would rather no abortion. But in the case of rape or incest especially when it is a child I can understand an early abortion. 

That makes no sense. You do not understand an abortion if the woman's life is in danger, but you do understand an abortion if the woman was raped? How does that work?

And as for the second part I AGREE with you. That's all I've been saying all along.

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Here is what Jesus said:

John 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was
sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

John 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Luke 20:37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. 39 Then certain of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said.

While small minded men are crying and complaining about matters they do not understand and some even curse God for being unjust and allowing "hell" to take over in His world, the Husbandman-Reaper quietly reaps the fields of men taking advantage of all circumstances.  While men below weep about death, those above rejoice with the newly redeemed from hell below including those "aborted" babies.  Here is Widsom:

Ecclesiastes 4:2 Wherefore I praised the dead which are already dead more than the living which are yet alive. 3 Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun.

Since "all things work together for the GOOD of them that love the Lord", we need to stop judging Him and complaining about His performance as a sovereign and CARING Creator-Father!  We need to humble our minds and seek to discover all the hidden works of God that we "missed" because of our callous and shallow thinking!  Amen?!  Amen!

GOOD NEWS, Inc. :clap: :wave: :holy: :pink: ;)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Mallory Knox
I don't give a flying **** what Jesus said.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

That is from the last line of your "so called" signature.  Who is speaking and to whom is this person speaking? When the day of judgement comes (and it will come whether or not you or any other atheist believes it will), you will know this statment to be true.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Valerie412
 And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

That is from the last line of your "so called" signature.  Who is speaking and to whom is this person speaking? When the day of judgement comes (and it will come whether or not you or any other atheist believes it will), you will know this statment to be true. 

Samuel L Jackson is speaking to someone who made him mad.

Don't you know your Bible well. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What about women with that condition where they'll die after giving birth?

Almost an absolute nonentity with today's advances in medical care. The child nowadays can be delivered prematurely up to 4 months early with a very strong chance of survival. A child born 1 1/2 to 1 months early is not a problem for medicine anymore.

Or anyone who will not survive the birth?

Didn't you just ask that question?

What if they get raped?

Adoption.

The answer is never "never".

The answer IS never.

If you don't like the answers you are receiving, why ask the question?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00

Or what? I'll get flamed? I'll get banned? Do you really think I care?

Why don't you care, whats wrong?

I think your going to get all the opinions you are going to get.

I think it has been determined (at least by me :) ) that there are extreme circumstances in which abortion could be justified.

However anything other than ultra extreme is not justifiable. IMO

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
No, I can come up with one, we always have a dead horse award if the occasion arises. :D

Mallory: If you are satisfied this thread has answered your question, I will close this thread.

You are welcome to repost this topic in the "Questions about Christianity" where you will get only answers from the staff, if you so desire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by nyj
Almost an absolute nonentity with today's advances in medical care. The child nowadays can be delivered prematurely up to 4 months early with a very strong chance of survival. A child born 1 1/2 to 1 months early is not a problem for medicine anymore.

Well no duh. That wasn't the question. If the woman is going to die giving birth, is it okay to have an abortion?

The answer IS never.

What about the nine-year-old girl who was raped by her grandfather? Is she allowed an abortion?

If you don't like the answers you are receiving, why ask the question?

I can't disagree with the answers given? I was trying to spark a debate.

Upvote 0

Samuel L Jackson is speaking to someone who made him mad.

Don't you know your Bible well. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was quoted from Scripture. I asked two questions and you answered them. It doesn't change my comment.  And by the way, I know my Bible well enough to know to pray for you...fervently. 

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Valerie412

I didn't say it was quoted from Scripture. I asked two questions and you answered them. It doesn't change my comment.  And by the way, I know my Bible well enough to know to pray for you...fervently. 

You do that. Have fun.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Well no duh. That wasn't the question. If the woman is going to die giving birth, is it okay to have an abortion?

It's a moot point. You're just as well served by asking "If the mother knew that aliens from outerspace were going to come down and kidnap her and kill her because she was carrying a child, should she get an abortion beforehand?"

If science has eliminated it as a problem, there is no point in discussing it.

It's like arguing geocentrism when you know the earth revolves around the sun. Why bother?

What about the nine-year-old girl who was raped by her grandfather? Is she allowed an abortion?

Like I said, you ever hear of adoption?

Regardless. Even if you take your "extreme" examples and add them together, they add up to less than 1% of the reasons why abortions are performed.

If you're willing to rail against the establishment and get them to reverse the current stand on abortions for those people who are too lazy to face the consequences of their actions, I'll budge on nonsensical first point, and the extremely rare second point.

This compromise should save millions of innocent lives each year. Deal?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.