• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Abortion thoughts worrying me

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, ignore my faith icon for now...I used to be a Christian. The way I thought of it was similarly to suicide. God doesn't want you taking life on your terms right? You are supposed to trust that god will guide you through the pain of depression, or whatever affliction you are going through. So it is with abortion. YOU (general you who is contemplating abortion, not you personally) aren't saving a baby who would otherwise be doomed to hell, you are doubting god's ability to see that his will be done.

Besides, how do you know that baby wouldn't go on to become one of the most influential pastors. Then, you would not only be not saving the baby, you'd be condemning however many people that baby would have led to Christ in the future.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People hated and murdered Jesus, but God used that horrible action for His good.

But the people who hated were missing out on love.

So, if someone does what is wrong, the person is in trouble, even if God uses the wrong action for God's good purposes.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I keep getting thoughts that abortion is okay because it sends babies to heaven before they have the choice to deny Jesus. I know this doesn't justify abortion, but I can't get the thought out of my head and I'm worried I believe it. Trying to counter the thought doesn't help. For example, I'll say "That's a sin and God will punish you for it, so why would you want to do that?" But then my mind would go "It's worth it to save the baby, even if I get punished." So I can't really fight the thought without my mind continuing to justify this. I don't know how to convince myself this is wrong. I don't know.

Over half of all fertilized eggs (babies) never implant on the wall of the uterus.
So God doesn't need our help to consider the plight of babies and take our choice of actions for His sake. He will be seeing millions of souls without our input.

Upvote 0