Abortion Kills More Black Americans Than the Seven Leading Causes of Death...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...Combined, Says CDC Data

(CNSNews.com)
–

Abortion kills more black Americans than the seven leading causes of death combined, according to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for 2005, the latest year for which the abortion numbers are available.

Abortion killed at least 203,991 blacks in the 36 states and two cities (New York City and the District of Columbia) that reported abortions by race in 2005, according to the CDC. During that same year, according to the CDC, a total of 198,385 blacks nationwide died from heart disease, cancer, strokes, accidents, diabetes, homicide, and chronic lower respiratory diseases combined. These were the seven leading causes of deathfor black Americans that year.A total of 49 jurisdictions reported their abortion numbers for 2005 to the CDC. These included all 50 states--except California, Louisiana, and New Hampshire--and New York City and the District of Columbia. Of these 49 jurisdiction, only 36 states plus New York City and the District of Columbia reported the number of abortions by race.

Continued- http://cnsnews.com/news/article/55956

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be more accurate, the Center for Disease Control doesn't have abortion on its list at all.

But the leader of blackgenocide.org took two pieces of data--the Center for DIsease Control's list of leading causes of black deaths, and the Guttmacher Institute's statistics on black abortion, and issued a report.

The real question is this: Do more black women have abortions than women of other ethnic groups?

If so, what can we do to change the circumstances, the culture, or both, of black women to end this problem?

I just see this sensationalistic article as a distraction from the real work that needs to be done to learn the "why" so that we can work on real change.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If so, what can we do to change the circumstances, the culture, or both, of black women to end this problem?

I strongly think the key is to change the hearts of the women who would have abortions. Improve foster care and adoption agencies so women can feel like it is actually an option to put up their children for adoption if they can't keep the child, and publicize alternatives.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So I guess the other already born American don't deserve health care then

Bummers.

No they do. But I guess planned parenthood is successfully carrying out the ideals of it's founder.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I strongly think the key is to change the hearts of the women who would have abortions. Improve foster care and adoption agencies so women can feel like it is actually an option to put up their children for adoption if they can't keep the child, and publicize alternatives.

Many Christians are involved in pro-life activities where they staff pregnancy centers. However, telephone directory companies limit the exposure of these pregnancy centers. Through litigation by Planned Parenthood and other pro-abortion groups, truth in advertising now severely limits these pro-life pregnancy centers from having any kind of effective advertising campaign whether on TV, Radio, online, or in telephone directories. In addition, any contribution to pro-life groups is not considered to be tax deductible. On the contrary, pro-death groups (pro-abortion and pro-euthanasia) have greater freedom to advertise using our federal tax dollars and having the status of a tax-exempt organization to boot.

Is this discrimination? You bet. This is why you do not hear much about all the work that pro-life Christians do to save innocent unborn babies from abortion and the elderly and disabled from euthanasia.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Disgusting. If you ask me, everyone deserves health care but abortion is not health care. Abortion is murder, plain and simple. I will flat out reject any health care bill that happens to include abortion coverage as a part of it's plan.

That said, I believe it is true that abortion kills more blacks than the seven leading causes of death combined. Such a thing would not surprise me at all.

Upvote 0