Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're adding words to the definition. A parasitic relationship does not require two different species, just two organisms. A human growing in a womb fits the dictionary definition of "parasite" that I provided exactly.

No, aborting a human life in the womb is not akin to a death sentence. It's removing a parasitic human from the host it needs to survive. So, back to my original point: Does a woman not have the right to decide who is inside her own body? Or does she not have the right to use lethal force to defend that right?

The parasitic meme doesn't work. The human fetus is not a parasite.

Do we need to review how conception happens? What comes from the woman and what comes from the man. A new human life with 23 chromosomes from each parent.

It is not a parasitic occurrence nor relationship.

Your approach is quite relativistic.

I understand why people want it to be so. To ease their conscience from murder.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, misread your post, sorry. I assumed you meant the rational thing: that they are the same species so one can't be parasitic to the other. A developing human in the womb is most certainly a separate individual organism. Either it's two separate humans involved or the developing human isn't an individual organism yet. You can't have it both ways.

Not when the child is a genetic offspring.

We are humans not plankton.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
My stated view is that a woman has the right to decide who is allowed in her body, and to defend her decision. If you think that's strange then you certainly have a strange perspective yourself.
in most cases the woman is partially responsible for the baby inside her...her actions put the baby there....and the baby is in the exact place where it's supposed to be

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My stated view is that a woman has the right to decide who is allowed in her body, and to defend her decision. If you think that's strange then you certainly have a strange perspective yourself.

That view would be valid if we were all devoid of understanding the reproductive process.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry but your avatar is a sockpuppet. How are we to take that?
It wasn't trolling at any rate. Commentary comes in all forms

And when I read arguments that are equal to a load of tripe, there's not much to say except to repeat the weakest aspects of the argument---it's more like mocking than anything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but your avatar is a sockpuppet. How are we to take that?

Actually it's a micrograph of a hookworm. Are you seriously making fun of my avatar?

Not when the child is a genetic offspring.

We are humans not plankton.

Claiming that a parent and offspring are the same organism is certainly an interesting assertion, but I doubt anyone who studies biology will agree with you (myself included).

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
  1. a) A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species (a heterospecific relationship) and deriving its nourishment from the host (is metabolically dependent on the host). (See Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 7, 1973.)
  2. b) A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species (Homo sapiens) living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species (Homo sapiens) and deriving its nourishment from the mother (is metabolically dependent on the mother). This homospecific relationship is an obligatory dependent relationship, but not a parasitic relationship.
  3. a) A parasite is an invading organism -- coming to parasitize the host from an outside source.
    b) A human embryo or fetus is formed from a fertilized egg -- the egg coming from an inside source, being formed in the ovary of the mother from where it moves into the oviduct where it may be fertilized to form the zygote -- the first cell of the new human being.

1. http://l4l.org/library/notparas.html
by Dr. Thomas L. Johnson, Professor Emeritus of Biological Sciences, Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, Virginia.

There, one wimpy argument down....not to rear it's illogical head again

Upvote 0

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
And when I read arguments that are equal to a load of tripe, there's not much to say except to repeat the weakest aspects of the argument---it's more like mocking than anything else.

Ok, well you're welcome to behave that way if you wish. I prefer conversations with those who are charitable and can speak using clear argumentation with logic though, so bye I guess.

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ok, well you're welcome to behave that way if you wish. I prefer conversations with those who are charitable and can speak using clear argumentation with logic though, so bye I guess.
That's the only thing you've said in this thread with an ounce of clarity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Actually, @redleghunter, I've already given you the benefit of the doubt before. You've been nothing but extremely uncharitable and haven't yet addressed the actual points. I'm not wasting my time on conversations that lack genuine effort to understand and be charitable, so I'm not replying to you anymore either.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Actually, @redleghunter, I've already given you the benefit of the doubt before. You've been nothing but extremely uncharitable and haven't yet addressed the actual points. I'm not wasting my time on conversations that lack genuine effort to understand and be charitable, so I'm not replying to you anymore either.

:clap:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biggest probably due to the murder of over 50 million human lives due to abortion (US only).

Should we condemn God for allowing it to happen on it's own?

Miscarriage is when a baby dies in the womb before 20 weeks of pregnancy.Among women who know they are pregnant, about 10 to 15 out of 100 pregnancies (10 to 15 percent) end in miscarriage. As many as half of all pregnancies may end in miscarriage—we don’t know the exact number because many may happen before a woman knows she’s pregnant.

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I understand why people want it to be so. To ease their conscience from murder.

In all of the abortion threads I've seen since I've been here that seems to be the overwhelming theme of the Pro-Choice crowd...

Upvote 0