Dec 13, 2013
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can say " I believe in God and its OK to Murder babies."

You CANNOT say " I have Faith in God and its OK to Murder Babies."

To have faith is to follow the rules of God.

Democrats are a great example. Take President Obama, he says he believes in God. That may be true but President Obama has NO Faith in God, if he did he would not support Abortion. He is a great example of Belief Without Faith. President Obama and his Party are just like the Pharisees.

Republicans to be fair, are just like the Pharisees too, but lets not digress.

Abortion is the BIGGEST civil rights issue of our time. Most of the world says they believe in God - That may be so - But Belief Without Faith is as worthless as a Politicians Promise.(PERIOD)

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Democrats are a great example. Take President Obama, he says he believes in God. That may be true but President Obama has NO Faith in God, if he did he would not support Abortion. He is a great example of Belief Without Faith. President Obama and his Party are just like the Pharisees.

Abortion is the BIGGEST civil rights issue of our time. Most of the world says they believe in God - That may be so - But Belief Without Faith is as worthless as a Politicians Promise.(PERIOD)

Maybe. But you haven't supported your claim that it is "the biggest".
Why is your current focus "biggest"?

Reactions: Julie.S
Upvote 0

MartinWierzba

Dec 13, 2013
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Maybe. But you haven't supported your claim that it is "the biggest".
Why is your current focus "biggest"?"

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 54 million unborn children( JUST IN AMERICA!) have been killed(This is documented by many different organizations, Google it) - That fact alone qualifies Abortion as the biggest Civil rights issue of our time.
I would be interested in hearing what you believe is a bigger civil rights issue.

The death of millions of children haunts me. I have been praying about this issue for some time. The War on Children needs to be stopped. As we speak many are being slaughtered - Who will save them?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Maybe. But you haven't supported your claim that it is "the biggest".
Why is your current focus "biggest"?"

Since the legalization of abortion in 1973, over 54 million unborn children( JUST IN AMERICA!) have been killed(This is documented by many different organizations, Google it) - That fact alone qualifies Abortion as the biggest Civil rights issue of our time.
I would be interested in hearing what you believe is a bigger civil rights issue.

The death of millions of children haunts me. I have been praying about this issue for some time. The War on Children needs to be stopped. As we speak many are being slaughtered - Who will save them?

God is concerned with eternal life. All unsaved souls will not be with Him. That has always been God's intention for man. I'm not absolutely certain what happens to the souls of unborn children or those who are born and die soon after, or in their early years. But there are indications in scripture that suggest they go directly to Jesus Himself unless adults get in the way.

So the souls of little ones going directly to Jesus and avoiding the pain and misery of living long years, or short years, on this earth in the conditions so many children are exposed to, do not cause me to wish misery for them.

Additionally, I've come to embrace any issues that cause people to pray. Communication with the Father is God's top priority. Answering prayers is not God's top priority, having them exist is. So any issue that causes people to pray is in God's first interest. If you believe that the unborn go straight into hell, then I agree with your concerns. I'm under the impression they go straight to Jesus so I sleep well in faith in God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Locum7

Mar 2, 2016
Uk
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, God gives life, purpose, his breath into a new unique being and think its ok as they might go to heaven. Itbreaks Gods heart with every aborted child that he thought of and gave life to. It is certainly the biggest injustice in western countries. Poverty related issues in most other places.

Upvote 0

CurtisNeeley

copy[rite] misspelled in US
May 24, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
✟7,814.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe babies or young children have souls. I do not believe human sex creates a soul. The duty to prohibit abortion after a fetus develops(12-weeks) has nothing to do with souls but requires recognizing the dignity of a live human and is the same reason I object to WAR and the death penalty.

Until 11-weeks pass, artificial abortion of gestation is an inalienable human right granted by God. Therefore; humans have no honorable reason for regulation of abortion till 11-weeks pass. Jesus prefers abortion by parents who will raise another human who will reject salvation. Human-Dignity-US.org

Human laws should not obstruct any civil right granted by God. Most aborted babies would have rejected Christ if they had grown enough to develop souls.

Upvote 0

Locum7

Mar 2, 2016
Uk
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curtis, where did you get that from? Its not granted by God, its granted by man, if you are not Christian, your opinion is your own, but in no way does the bible make any allowanced for humans choosing to destroy unborn babies. God does not just think, oh now you are this age, you have a soul, pop, in it goes. And we have no idea what any babies would have done with their lives if they were born and lived, at least they would have had the chance. Its not our right to make that choice for them.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

You could say, "I have faith in God and it's OK for a woman to decide who does and does not get to be inside her body, and she has a right to protect herself from un-consentual intrusion with lethal force."

Upvote 0

CurtisNeeley

copy[rite] misspelled in US
May 24, 2011
Arkansas, USA
Visit site
✟7,814.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Curtis, where did you get that from? Its not granted by God, its granted by man[.]
The right to kill a human (including the self) is granted by God. The right to reject Christ and the right to sin are both given by God. "Man" discovered the way to artificially end gestation by taking a medicine and not just starving or using a coat-hanger. This medical discovery was allowed by God just as allowing the fruit to be picked in the Garden of Eden.
{I}f you are not Christian, your opinion is your own, but in no way does the bible make any [allowance] for humans choosing to destroy unborn babies. God does not just think, oh now you are this age, you have a soul, pop, in it goes. And we have no idea what any babies would have done with their lives if they were born and lived, at least they would have had the chance. Its not our right to make that choice for them.
. . . . .Christ sacrificed Himself to be the substitute sacrifice answering the penalty required for justice because of my sin(s).
. . . . .God requires some intellect to develop before a soul exists. How much intellect must exist before the soul exists is top secret. We know most of the unborn in the "end times" will reject Christ because it is described repeatedly. Luke 23:29 reveals in the "end times" the women who do not have children will be called blessed. This clearly reveals artificial abortion will be better eventually. 2055 will NEVER occur.
. . . . .God decided several times already that killing ALL humans was best. Killing EVERYONE in Sodom and Gomorrah helped those in Nineveh accept Jonah's message and repent. Starting from Noah, look how many reject God today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

First welcome to CF. See you are brand new.

I look forward to seeing how your polemic develops within the thread.

Usually these abortion threads devolve into personal opinion.

This is to be expected from most worldviews as they are devoid of absolute standards. They are caught in the eddy of relativism.

Epistemology? Frankly devoid in most of the pro choice positions.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe. But you haven't supported your claim that it is "the biggest".
Why is your current focus "biggest"?

Biggest probably due to the murder of over 50 million human lives due to abortion (US only).

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe babies or young children have souls. I do not believe human sex creates a soul. The duty to prohibit abortion after a fetus develops(12-weeks) has nothing to do with souls but requires recognizing the dignity of a live human and is the same reason I object to WAR and the death penalty.

Until 11-weeks pass, artificial abortion of gestation is an inalienable human right granted by God. Therefore; humans have no honorable reason for regulation of abortion till 11-weeks pass. Jesus prefers abortion by parents who will raise another human who will reject salvation. Human-Dignity-US.org

Human laws should not obstruct any civil right granted by God. Most aborted babies would have rejected Christ if they had grown enough to develop souls.

When do children get souls and please justify your claim.

How do you justify your claim God gives the right to abort. Please show us an exegesis.

I see you are Methodist yet your last comment sure sounded like a hyper Calvinist view.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You could say, "I have faith in God and it's OK for a woman to decide who does and does not get to be inside her body, and she has a right to protect herself from un-consentual intrusion with lethal force."

How do you justify such a claim as a Christian?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The right to kill a human (including the self) is granted by God. The right to reject Christ and the right to sin are both given by God. "Man" discovered the way to artificially end gestation by taking a medicine and not just starving or using a coat-hanger. This medical discovery was allowed by God just as allowing the fruit to be picked in the Garden of Eden.

. . . . .Christ sacrificed Himself to be the substitute sacrifice answering the penalty required for justice because of my sin(s).
. . . . .God requires some intellect to develop before a soul exists. How much intellect must exist before the soul exists is top secret. We know most of the unborn in the "end times" will reject Christ because it is described repeatedly. Luke 23:29 reveals in the "end times" the women who do not have children will be called blessed. This clearly reveals artificial abortion will be better eventually. 2055 will NEVER occur.
. . . . .God decided several times already that killing ALL humans was best. Killing EVERYONE in Sodom and Gomorrah helped those in Nineveh accept Jonah's message and repent. Starting from Noah, look how many reject God today.

Free will is not a license from God to sin and murder.

God gave commands to be followed and those who follow Christ and are His sheep uphold His Holy Standard.

Let's examine your claim.

"God allowed climate change so we need to embrace our destructive human practices to continue poisoning the water our kids drink."

Upvote 0

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How do you justify such a claim as a Christian?

Micah 6:8 (ESV)
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"

Do justice: give people what they are owed, such as consent and the ability to protect themselves). Love kindness: When it's up to you act charitably instead of demanding what you are owed.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Micah 6:8 (ESV)
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"

Do justice: give people what they are owed, such as consent and the ability to protect themselves). Love kindness: When it's up to you act charitably instead of demanding what you are owed.

We know the commands of God and nowhere is murder condoned regarding innocent blood.

To justify your claim you would need to show me where God calls what you state 'justice.'

Upvote 0

Super Hotdog Salesman

Oct 26, 2015
✟7,785.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We know the commands of God and nowhere is murder condoned regarding innocent blood.

If you're not here to have a reasonable conversation then I'm happy to leave you to it. I never said anything about murder, so I have no idea what on Earth are you talking about.

What I called justice is a person having the right to consent to someone being allowed inside their body or not, and to defend that right using lethal force if necessary. Do you disagree that people have a right to decide who is allowed in their body? Or do you disagree that it is justice to defend that right using lethal force if necessary?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What I called justice is a person having the right to consent to someone being allowed inside their body or not, and to defend that right using lethal force if necessary. Do you disagree that people have a right to decide who is allowed in their body? Or do you disagree that it is justice to defend that right using lethal force if necessary?

Hi SHS, while I cannot deny how difficult this situation is, I don't believe that a pre-born baby (who is, of course, completely innocent of any wrongdoing) deserves to die because his/her mother was raped. All that seems to do is compound one violent crime with another one.

That said, why is it that these discussions never make it further than a post or two before being quickly turned aside from discussing the 99+% (of the reasons that abortions happen), to focusing solely upon the far less than 1% (of the reasons that abortions happen)?

Tell you what, I agree that there are reasons that abortions need to be performed. So, setting aside any further discussion of the far less than 1% of abortions on that basis, why do you (specifically as a Christian) believe that abortion for the sake of convenience is ok, and how do you go about justifying your position before God?

I apologize if it seems like I'm putting you on the spot (well, I am in a way, of course), but I'm far less interested in debating your POV right now than I am in understanding the reason(s) for it. So I would truly appreciate your help with that :)

Thanks!!

--David

Upvote 0