Abortion Doctor Charged With Murder

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But then that isn't justice and innocent people die.
What do you mean by that "isn't justice?" If you're pro-choice, you shouldn't utter such words like "Justice" or "Innocent" because you that's beyond your comprehension.

BTW, being a "pro-choice/abortion" and "Christian" is an OXYMORON, did you know that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Are you sure he wasn't just insane?

Oh right, you guys don't see a difference. :doh:
Wait a minute, isn't that was what the liberal bias media did to the conservatives like Sarah Palin 20 minutes after the shooting? Now that it turns out this guy is a LIBERAL nutcase, you're crying ignorance? You wanted your cake and now you want to eat it, too?

Upvote 0

Gishin

Apr 25, 2008
Midwest City, Oklahoma
✟6,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're right. I can't for the life of me remember how these got on my feet.

We can't blame Palin's posters for the shooting anymore than we can blame Doom for Columbine. Shooter was out of his mind, his politics hardly matter.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Did some research and found out that in the US 24 weeks is the upper limit for late term abortion in any state. In Australia the limit for a termination is 12 weeks upon meeting conditions (heavily weighted in the mothers favour) and up to about 22 weeks upon meeting very strict conditions ( eg. imminent death involved ect)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Did some research and found out that in the US 24 weeks is the upper limit for late term abortion in any state. In Australia the limit for a termination is 12 weeks upon meeting conditions (heavily weighted in the mothers favour) and up to about 22 weeks upon meeting very strict conditions ( eg. imminent death involved ect)

You'll need to cite the info for the US. There are also medical necessity clauses in many states. The laws pertaining to partial birth abortions are not as cut and dry as people want to think.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
You'll need to cite the info for the US. There are also medical necessity clauses in many states. The laws pertaining to partial birth abortions are not as cut and dry as people want to think.

Ill have another look for it but I cant remember what it was called. It was an anti abortion site so one assumes it was reasonably accurate.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ill have another look for it but I cant remember what it was called. It was an anti abortion site so one assumes it was reasonably accurate.

Not really. Anti and Pro sites tend to have skewed information, although Guttmacher, which bills itself as a pro-choice research institution, often has reliable information.

I looked at Michigan law, and while there's a ban on partial birth abortion (but with a clause for the mother's life), Stenberg v. Carhart effectively rendered that law useless. I recently read on a pro-life site that Michigan is supposedly one of the few states that enacted a ban, which isn't even remotely true.

So you have to be careful where your stats are coming from.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are you sure he wasn't just insane?

Oh right, you guys don't see a difference. :doh:

He's in insane if he's liberal, he is sane if a conservative.
I have always said he was insane.

I think this Dr is too.(insane)
He went to far in at least a few abortions(removal of living baby, then killed them.)
In some cases it would have been legal if he had done it in the womb, but it would appear he went past this obstacle.

If all evidence is true, this person should get life, and have all assets frozen and money set up in a trust for mal-practice or other costs to society.
Accomplices should be severely punished also.

The problem in the States, is each state has their own laws. Since there is still no law against Partial birth abortions, I must assume they are legal in some state.

I don't know, if the baby is in the womb, its a privacy matter, and outside the womb its murder? IMO if the baby is mature enough to live outside the womb, it is human, and thus not a choice.
I understand the difficulty in setting when this is, but we can agree that at some point before the baby leaves the womb, it can survive outside the womb. 40 weeks definately a human, 26weeks? 30 weeks?

I hope we can agree this man did go to far if he did kill outside the mother's body.(plus all the other morbid trophys he collected.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
here's question:

are people up in arms about this because of the procedure or because he wasn't licensed to do the procedure?

For me the issues are multiple, regardless of the procedure he was performing- his staff were not qualified, his patients were put at risk and harmed over and over again. Even if I wholeheartedly supported abortion by choice until the end of a pregnancy this doctor treated his patients like garbage and should not be practicing medicine.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The problem is the incompetence of the doctor and how he preyed on desperate women who couldn't afford to have a lot of options, or educated enough to know what the doctor was doing wasn't right. There is a degree of trust given to a medical professional because most people don't have the knowledge to know if the mp is doing things properly or not, they just have to trust they are. Late term abortions when done by the guidelines are a safe procedure. What this doctor was doing was not by the guidelines, and really wasn't a late term abortion either.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
He's in insane if he's liberal, he is sane if a conservative.
I have always said he was insane.

I think this Dr is too.(insane)
He went to far in at least a few abortions(removal of living baby, then killed them.)
In some cases it would have been legal if he had done it in the womb, but it would appear he went past this obstacle.

If all evidence is true, this person should get life, and have all assets frozen and money set up in a trust for mal-practice or other costs to society.
Accomplices should be severely punished also.

The problem in the States, is each state has their own laws. Since there is still no law against Partial birth abortions, I must assume they are legal in some state.

I don't know, if the baby is in the womb, its a privacy matter, and outside the womb its murder? IMO if the baby is mature enough to live outside the womb, it is human, and thus not a choice.
I understand the difficulty in setting when this is, but we can agree that at some point before the baby leaves the womb, it can survive outside the womb. 40 weeks definately a human, 26weeks? 30 weeks?

I hope we can agree this man did go to far if he did kill outside the mother's body.(plus all the other morbid trophys he collected.)

This sums up my feelings nicely.

Upvote 0