Abortion Doctor Charged With Murder

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
What's an "abortion doctor"?

Call me crazy, but I'm instantly suspicious of needlessly inflamatory yet inaccurate labels.

Of course, that said, if the allegations are correct, he should be charged.
What?

An abortion doctor is a person with an MD who primarily performs abortions. It is a pretty accurate label for this Pennsylvania guy.

Also, when did abortion doctor become an inflammatory label?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
What?

An abortion doctor is a person with an MD who primarily performs abortions. It is a pretty accurate label for this Pennsylvania guy.

Also, when did abortion doctor become an inflammatory label?
Will I find "abortion doctor" listed in the yellow pages? Or maybe as a clinical specialty? If not, then there's a pretty good bet someone coined the term more for its emotive qualities than its informative ones.

Upvote 0

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Will I find "abortion doctor" listed in the yellow pages? Or maybe as a clinical specialty? If not, then there's a pretty good bet someone coined the term more for its emotive qualities than its informative ones.

Le sigh...

Alright, you win this one based on the fact that I could not care less.

What term would you prefer I use? I will use that one, honest injun.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Le sigh...

Alright, you win this one based on the fact that I could not care less.

What term would you prefer I use? I will use that one, honest injun.
I realise that "abortion doctor" is the phrase the article used, and that is more what I'm taking issue with, it being an unbiassed news site and all.

I believe the term used by the person in question himself is probably best to go with. If he calls himself a fertility doctor, go with that. Hey... maybe he actuallky DOES call himself an abortion doctor... just, you know... I've never heard of doctors doing that before.

Upvote 0

I <3 Abraham

Go Cubbies!
Jun 7, 2005
✟18,730.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
I realise that "abortion doctor" is the phrase the article used, and that is more what I'm taking issue with, it being an unbiassed news site and all.

I believe the term used by the person in question himself is probably best to go with. If he calls himself a fertility doctor, go with that. Hey... maybe he actuallky DOES call himself an abortion doctor... just, you know... I've never heard of doctors doing that before.
Alright then, it is agreed, since you don't have a different preferred term, we will go with abortion doctor, understanding that it is problematic.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Assuming these allegations are true, this is pretty much what back-alley abortionists used to do back in the bad old days. Roe v. Wade apparently didn't eliminate all of it. But we could relive the bad old days even more if all elective abortions are criminalized.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I will admit that the term could be inflamatory.
But he did as many late term abortions as he could in thirty years. It sounds like he made his living by one procedure.
Possibly doing legitamate abortions comonly, but it sounds like he comitted murder several times, and from the manner in which he decorated his office/home, he is one sick individual.

"There were bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."
He killed babies in cold blood, outside the womb. He kept them as trophies. He mutilated some of them(cut off their feet)
IMO if these allegations are true, he was homicidal maniac that found a way to satisfy his urge to kill over decades, and keep the trophies, and got paid to do it.

When they are done with these peoples trials, I think they need to follow the trail of complaints to see why it took so long to uncover this. I bet money changed hands to buy silence.

I also bet there are more deaths that he caused, that haven't been connected to him yet.
He had a high school student giving anesthesia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will admit that the term could be inflamatory.
But he did as many late term abortions as he could in thirty years. It sounds like he made his living by one procedure.
Possibly doing legitamate abortions comonly, but it sounds like he comitted murder several times, and from the manner in which he decorated his office/home, he is one sick individual.

He killed babies in cold blood, outside the womb. He kept them as trophies. He mutilated some of them(cut off their feet)
IMO if these allegations are true, he was homicidal maniac that found a way to satisfy his urge to kill over decades, and keep the trophies, and got paid to do it.

When they are done with these peoples trials, I think they need to follow the trail of complaints to see why it took so long to uncover this. I bet money changed hands to buy silence.

I also bet there are more deaths that he caused, that haven't been connected to him yet.
He had a high school student giving anesthesia.
All sounds utterly awful, if accurate.

However... and call me pedant if you will... these ARE the actions of a sick person, suffering some sort of psychosis or psychopathy. And thats worrying, but its not actually part of his medical profession. I just have an issue with the idea that people, somewhere, will try to conflate these actions as endemic to all practitioners in the fertility field. Just you watch...

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All sounds utterly awful, if accurate.

However... and call me pedant if you will... these ARE the actions of a sick person, suffering some sort of psychosis or psychopathy. And thats worrying, but its not actually part of his medical profession. I just have an issue with the idea that people, somewhere, will try to conflate these actions as endemic to all practitioners in the fertility field. Just you watch...

Kinda like people trying to attribute the actions of a sick Loughner who tried to assassinate a congresswoman in Az. to right wingers in general and gun rights people in particular. BTW, I agree with your sentiment, only I'd apply it to the Az shootings as well, no exceptions.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This guy has been doing whatever he wanted to women despite not even being a trained gynecologist for more than FORTY years and not only were most of his crimes ignored, he was given permission to run an abortion less than a decade after he was guilty of using experimental procedures to induce abortion on a dozen or more women in his practice. His head and those of his staffers should not be the only ones that roll.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kinda like people trying to attribute the actions of a sick Loughner who tried to assassinate a congresswoman in Az. to right wingers in general and gun rights people in particular. BTW, I agree with your sentiment, only I'd apply it to the Az shootings as well, no exceptions.
I don't quite see the parallel, but thanks for your consideration of my point.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This would be happening all over the country if abortion was made illegal.

This doctor practiced "medicine" in a state with some of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country. While I think this man was quite the lunatic and his apparent misogyny would have shown itself somehow had he not found an outlet in abusing patients -I tend to think vulnerable people with limited resources are very likely to find themselves in the hands of "doctors" like this more often than women who have significant resources when they are not able to access services and assistance earlier in their pregnancies, partially because of all the restrictions.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This story is truly disturbing.

Williams said during a press conference Wednesday that Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord."

Incredibly disturbing.

Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Is he like a serial killer keeping souvenirs???

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a good example of why abortion should be and needs to stay legal. Stories like this would be endless if abortion were recriminalized.

Very true. And I think it should be covered by all insurance, federally funded or not. That would eliminate the need for low income "providers" like this to exist. Safe, legal abortion would be available to literally everyone.

Upvote 0